Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The fuel pressure gauge on my supercharged z06 acting funny. My fuel pressure always stays at 60psi. The other day as I was driving I seen come all the way to zero for about 1minute and slowly went back up to about 40psi. After the car sitting for about an hour I fired it up and it was back at 60psi. After driving for about 30min I seen come down to 50psi. It's been fluctuating from about 45psi to about 50psi. But every time the car sits and I fire it up it goes back to normal and slowly drop to 50psi or a little lower. The only thing I did different was put a Lucas fuel system cleaner in my gas tank before I filled up which I never done before. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Z06 Tech Advisor
1,835 Posts
No one can really answer this since it has a supercharger and you give no detail how the fuel system was changed for it
Nor what type of 3rd party FP gauge as, electronic with a remote sender, etc

If fuel rail pressure is going down that much then engine would have lots of engine knock or misfires

You need to verify it is not the gauge or sender at fault and use a OBD scanner and see if there is abnormal knock, misfire or very lean fuel trims

I'd suggest do not use any boost until you know what is at fault and if it is the pump cease driving the car until it is fixed as hot weather, boost and less fuel is a ticking bomb.

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
Aftermarket fuel pressure gauges vary in quality. I had installed cheap one a few years back before I did my stroker and it shit the bed within 2 years. (sender went bad). I bit the bullet and installed a good quality Autometer gauge and haven't had a problem since. More than likely your sender is going bad. That is the 1st thing I would check. HTH.

Jimbo

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys I have a feeling it's the sender also because the motor sounds awesome.
Now I didn't install the gauges myself. If I was to get the same exact gauge would I be able to unplug the gauge from the connection and connect the new one or would I have to switch the whole harness and wiring?

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
Thanks guys I have a feeling it's the sender also because the motor sounds awesome.
Now I didn't install the gauges myself. If I was to get the same exact gauge would I be able to unplug the gauge from the connection and connect the new one or would I have to switch the whole harness and wiring?
If it is the same brand and model you should be able to just replace the sensor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts