Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone have trouble with the fuel guage only regestering 5/8 to 1/2 full and after 15..20 miles of driving it goes into the "on reserve"? Turn the vette off and cycle starts all over again. The dealer isn't sure what the problem is, but ordered a new tank on the thinking that it's a sensor in the tank.

Thanks,
Dave

------------------

J

·
0 Posts
I seem to recall a problem with the sensor in one of the tanks...the car will show empty when in fact it is half full...there is a tech service bulletin out on this...

------------------

·
Registered
43 Posts
Dave -

I had the same problem twice. It hasn't happened in 4K miles though. I just put more gas in it those 2 times, and it's been cool ever since.
I think a lot of 2001 owners have had the problem.
You should post this in the tech section.

-Speed

------------------
2001 QuickSilver Z06
Lowered,178 thermostat w/ fan controller, Ripper, !CAGS, B+B PRT w/ Speedway tips, TRIC one-piece with CF Cobra, GMS MAF, and TPIS long tubes
AOL IM: Speedshift

[This message has been edited by SpeedShift (edited 02-02-2001).]

·
Registered
162 Posts
Anybody have a TSB number for this?

I think that I may have the same problem, but my dealership does not know of any TSBs on this.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Info on fuel sensor problems

TITANS/Z said:
I think that I may have the same problem, but my dealership does not know of any TSBs on this.
Do a search on this forum on fuel sensor or fuel gauge. There was a long thread with the title fuel guage (sic). This is a frequent problem which has one solution for a 2002 model (reprogram the computer) and another solution for 2001 (replace a sensor in the fuel tank) Both were discussed in the Fuel Guage thread.

This problem happened to me twice and then just went away without repair. Z06Y Lady

·
Registered
523 Posts
the tanks are fine...the sensors and the senders are the culprits.Had the sensors in both tanks changed out and the sender.....reprogram does nothing,it's just a "check the easiest thing first" GM deal.Be sure and get it taken care of while under warranty...each of those sensors are near $500 apiece... and yes there IS a TSB on this,I've seen it at my dealer,when I got mine changed. Tech showed it to me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts