Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone is storing their vette for the winter, and if so, adding any fuel stabilizer to the gas.
Man I hate putting this thing away:( I need to move to Cali.:cool:

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
VETROC,

Unfortunelly yes, New england winters are toooo loong. I use a product called Sta-bil............................

:cheers:

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
VETROC said:
Just wondering if anyone is storing their vette for the winter, and if so, adding any fuel stabilizer to the gas.
Man I hate putting this thing away:( I need to move to Cali.:cool:
I salute all the Northern Bruthas/Sistas!!! I couldn't bear to put mine up for a whole season.:(

You all have .... STAMINA, PERSISTENCE, and GUTS!
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Spring is on it's way...:p

Dan

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
I put mine away today.....

.....for the second time, Put 21 squirts of Sta=bil in the tank and 14 squirts in each of my 3, 5 gal containers of expensive race gas, couple squirts in the mower and snoblower and all their cans along with the leaf blower and chain saw.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Yes, sta-bil is a good aditive for storage of any gas powered engine. Be sure, to top off the gas tank also, to help prevent moisture accumulating inside the tank.

Zippy :z: :z:

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
I have to lift the cover every week...

sigung86 said:

I salute all the Northern Bruthas/Sistas!!! I couldn't bear to put mine up for a whole season.:(

You all have .... STAMINA, PERSISTENCE, and GUTS!
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Spring is on it's way...:p

Dan

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've been storing my vettes since '98 and have never used any additive. They fire right up in April and don't exhibit anything noticible in reduced performance. I generally store from mid-Oct thru Mid April...6 months. The Z went into storage on Oct 15 this year. By the way, I do top off the tank to avoid condensation and I do not run the engine during hibernation.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had a talk with a chemical engineer from Mobil and he says that you are throwing your money away on Gas stabilizers.He claims that additives in modern gasolines prevent the varnishing you would find years ago.He says fill up your tank to prevent moisture and don't worry about dry gas,the major refineries already have alcohol in the fuel to absorb water.I have stored my Tractors,Quads and Musclecars over 6 months in winter and they all start just fine in the spring

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
I don't use anything and havent had any trouble. Just fill her up with high test and park her in thr garage:cheers:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts