Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2007 ZO6, after setting for a week or so, when I start it it idles very rough almost dies out. I think the fuel is leaking back to the tank. after about 1 min. it runs fine. My question is what could be the trouble? fuel pump, press regulator or something else. How much trbl. is changing fuel pump?
Thanks in advance. Steve

·
Z06 Tech Advisor
1,820 Posts
Use a fuel pressure gauge test tool connected at the fuel rail
Key on /engine off and pump goes on with a fuel rail pressure should be 58 PSI within a few seconds

If it does then fuel pressure is not the problem

Pump, filter, float and regulator are inside the left tank and if problem there the back end of drivetrain has to come out to get access to fuel tanks
GM specs the fuel filter to be good for 100,000 miles but allowing E10 gas to sit for long unused periods will degrade the gas.
Never allow fuel level to be low as that is where all the crap and water E10 causes to be in lower layer of tank which pump will pick up first.

Best is to use a good OBD-II laptop scanner and monitor the PCM engine parameters on startup to see what is degrading and if and error codes are being reported and maintaining engine with fuel injector cleaner and clean air filter

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks racingvette for the reply.
after setting awhile, without pushing start button, should the fuel rail have any pressure on it? After starting and rough idle stops then car runs great , so I am sure fuel pump is working. car only has 20K on it. I have always ran ethanol free, 93 rated gas. Don't know about first 16K. I did notice fuel pump sounded a little loud, but it has since I have had the car, but the rough idle is fairly new . Anyway thanks for your help
Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts