Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if i should get the lg pro longtubes w/ cats or without? pros and cons please. Also which cat back i was thinking bullets i want really lound at wot but not to loud at idle and not a lot of interior resonance, however interior noise is ok, also air intake rammer or vr2b with overbridge (which one) a new mass sensor is not worth it in my opinon. but if u guys could give me some help that would be great im planing on ordering it as soon as i get some responses.

Thanks guys
PEte

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
No cats is bad for emissions and illegal. It's also nosier and you will get popping on decel.
LG headers with cats legal sweet sound, less popping and with the LG cats there will not be much HP loss. :eyes:

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
The cats are definitely Random Techs. If emissions are a concern for you- go with the cats. If you don't like the smell of raw exhaust- go with the cats.

Many people have actually seen improved numbers with a catted application on the LG's. My $0.02- go with the cats.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
will do, now what cat back? i want loud but not a lot of interior ressonance also i dont want a baghhhhhhh sound like damn ricers i want a mean grunt! and which intake vr2b or rammer

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have the LGM long tube headers, high flow cats and X-pipe (available as a complete set from LGM) and the Vararam intake, this is bolted up to the GHL bullet exhaust and the sound and performance is awesome. Throaty idle and quiet at cruising but a thrill ride at wide open throttle.

Kurt

·
Registered
413 Posts
MuffinMan said:
will do, now what cat back? i want loud but not a lot of interior ressonance also i dont want a baghhhhhhh sound like damn ricers i want a mean grunt! and which intake vr2b or rammer
headers going into stock ZO6 Ti is very popular combo...but if you really want loud then Corsa pros or Stingers are popular choices...vr2b or rammer; both work great.

·
21,378 Posts
I have LGs no cats and Borla Stingers. It's NASCAR loud at WOT and quiet at any other throttle opening. When cruising, it's very relaxing, no resonance, no drone. Even my wife doesn't mind. :D

·
Z06 WinterFest Coordinator
2,865 Posts
Loudmouths are straight exhaust, no resonators to quiet the idle etc. Headers, RT's and loudmouths?? No X-pipe, staying with the stock H? You will be loud, attract attention and have resonance!! Some at 13-1600 and a lot between 23-2600!! :eek:

Ken

·
Registered
387 Posts
Id go with the Callaway Honker Intake. If not, then get the Vortex Rammer (+10rwhp improvement over Vararam)...call MTI if you want proof.

Cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts