Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
What kind of HP increase and sound increase are we looking at by replacing the main cat with something like that?

How illegal are we in doing this? Are we looking at 40 hp?

Thanks

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Off-road use only. You would need O2 sims. The graph they show on a 2000 LS1 looks like they gained 20-30hp at the wheels. If you did go with this I would recommend using the ease scanner to see if a MAFT would be needed to change the WOT A/F ratio. I Have heard of people taking off their cats saying the sound increase is very noticable.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Off-road use only. You would need O2 sims. The graph they show on a 2000 LS1 looks like they gained 20-30hp at the wheels. If you did go with this I would recommend using the ease scanner to see if a MAFT would be needed to change the WOT A/F ratio. I Have heard of people taking off their cats saying the sound increase is very noticable. I like the it because you could bolt it in and just unbolt the stock unit for say the drag strip. then bolt the stock back in place. I just wanted to let the forum about the mod. I havent decided whether to get it or not.

:cheers:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Sounds good, so you dont think its very streetable in a non emmission's testing state..cough.cough..

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah No way in hell your gonna pass emissions with this on. LOL
:cheers: But its easy enough to swap out when emissions time comes up. I mean I mean when you go to the dragstrip. he he I think with headers and this X-pipe you would gain a noticeable power increase. Just keep an eye on your tuning. Someone also said something about the exhaust smelling bad without cats. But nothing a little race fuel wouldnt fix. :D

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Am I mistaken or does breathless sell the same offroad pipe for only $279??

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I've heard about the smell thing with the cats removed. I have noticed that my car smells like a paper factory now.

Does it smell like a filthy goats ass? Because my car smells like one.

:puke:

Or do I just need to lay off the Texas 5-alarm chili?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Silver, I do belive they do sell it. But cutting the factory exhaust voids the factory warrenty on certain pieces from what iv heard.

jnation, I have just heard about the smell. I havent experienced it first hand.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts