Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has been dynoed and it proves its running extremely rich (10.9 :1) , But Im wondering if those fumes coming in from the engine bay at WOT is from that, :-? I mean, should fuel only come from the rear of the exhaust? could there be someelse wrong thats making me get fumes from the front?

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
COUTO1981 said:
My car has been dynoed and it proves its running extremely rich (10.9 :1) , But Im wondering if those fumes coming in from the engine bay at WOT is from that, :-? I mean, should fuel only come from the rear of the exhaust? could there be someelse wrong thats making me get fumes from the front?
Luis,

Check the obvious stuff first. Lines, injector seats to see if an O ring is not seated or missing( If you have messed with these yet.. The cap that is on the fuel rail that covers the sharader valve. Funny this happened on my GN once the inside part was leaking under the cap. Just look around real good. Fuel is under pretty good pressure while running so if it is a leak you will find it pretty quickly. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts