Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I few of us in the immediate St. Louis area are with the Looking Glass Corvette Club. We will have a caravan of 15+ Corvettes depart from the Shell Station at Exit 30, Interstate 70 E.

We will meet between 6 and 6:30 departing at 6:30 am. This will get us at Funfest before they open at 8:00 am and should give everyone some great parking places!

I certainly want to extend an invitation to ANY Forum member to join our Club for the day -- we would love to have you!!!

I am told last year the Club arrived at Funfest after 8:30 am and had to wait in line for nearly an hour and then received the worst parking places. (I was not there -- just passing along the info).

I spoke with Frank today -- thanks for checking up on me Frank -- and he is going to try to meet up with our large caravan for the 6:30 am departure.

Kevin, we need to link up so I can put a giant bandaid on that headlight cover, Bro--- Look for the Looking Glass Club -- sure would like to see you again.

Once again, even if you can not join us --- wanted ALL forum members to know we were thinking of you. If someone wants anything special from Funfest, send me a private email and I will try to accomodate you..........within reason of course (no giant parts transported, hee hee)

Warmest Regards..........and God Bless America! Ken-
:z: :z: :z: :z:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Ken, after talking to you today about the parking situation, looks like I need to hook up with you. I'll send Magic a note in case he doesn't see this.

Kevin, with the parking situation, maybe we all need to meet in from of your parents stand...let's say 11:00 AM to give everyone a chance to get there. Stick the banner on it!! I have some extras if you need them.

Wear Your Shirts Guys So We Can Recognize Each Other!!!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Frank. Hope George can join us. I will try to meet up with you guys at 11:00 am. What stand does Kevin's parents have? (sorry, I have been away on biz -- so have missed many posts).
Ken- :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
507 Posts
OK, OK, OK, I guesse the meeting up thing and driving in together is going out the window. Frank has suggested that we all meet up at my parents Tropical Sno stand at 11. Their stand is going to be in the same place as lat year, I think, that could change. Last years stand was located between the gas station and the main building. It is a blue and white cart with an umbrella top. I'll make sure a Z06vette.com banner gets put on it. Tropical Sno is the name, my dad will probably have on a stupid floppy hat. Hope to see lots of forum members at 11.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Driving in together sounded like a great idea to me, or is this too hard to pull off? Maybe we just need to meet a little earlier to get the good parking spots?

How about we meet somewhere near the Fun Fest at 7:30?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Pat,

A band of 20 or so Vettes from St. Louis will be pulling into the Funfest about 7:30 AM. I'll be looking for you. Should be 2 or 3 Z's in the group.

·
Premium Member
5,101 Posts
Frank,

Here is a note I got from Ken about time from the ARCH.

George

Yes, approx.mately 30 miles after you cross the popular st. bridge. There are a few construction zones so you might allow 35 or so minutes once you get into ILL. Departure time from the Shell station at exit 30 is 6:30.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Thanks, George. I am going to shoot straight across I-270 to 70. It's about 43 miles from where I am at. Shouldn't take me more than 15 mins. to get there. :eek: :lol:

Frank

·
Premium Member
5,101 Posts
fcalmes said:
Thanks, George. I am going to shoot straight across I-270 to 70. It's about 43 miles from where I am at. Shouldn't take me more than 15 mins. to get there. :eek: :lol:

Frank
15 MINUTES..........I assume you will be stopping for coffee if it's going to take that long...............LMAO

See ya at exit 30 Tommorrow AM

·
Registered
0 Posts
kevslionel said:
George, I think Frank must be slowing down:lol:
Hey, I'm old!! :lol:

Kevin, I will drop to the back of the pack before we arrive. As we pass, I'll let all the Z's jump in front of me. Be looking for us. Should be there by 7:30 AM. Of course if George is leading, it could be longer!! :lol:

J

·
0 Posts
Hey Frank, glad to hear you and magic are joining us...we always have a good time and take a great representation of Corvettes, from a really sweet '62 to C5venom's '02 Z...

·
Registered
507 Posts
Any body interested in pulling in in front of Frank, which should not be hard:eek: , meet me at the Trailways restaurant parking lot around 7:20 or so. Trailways is inbetween a shell and 66 gas station at the FunFest exit. I'll be in my red Z and Pat from Chicago will be there in his Z also. When the group from STL goes past we will just pull out in front of Frank and then we will all be together like one big happy family:cool:

·
Registered
0 Posts
kevslionel said:
Any body interested in pulling in in front of Frank, which should not be hard:eek:
My old tired ass has enough energy to smoke a young whippersnapper 1st time Vette owner!! :eek:

LMAO J/K!! :lol: See ya there tomorrow morning girls!! :lol: Ooops, I mean Kevin!! :lol:

·
Registered
507 Posts
Um, I know you are not talking to me:roll:
:D
The vettes are starting to show up in town. Can't wait to drive around tonight and practice on my green light reaction times.
Heard a rummer today that Yager wants to build some sort of track and drag strip at Mid America. So next year we can have a Z06vette.com shoot out:cool:
Frank, Missouri still going to let you have a licence next year, with your old age and all:eek: lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts