Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had lunch with my buddies who own an auto repair shop. I pull out of their parking lot across traffic next to another car already waiting at the light. I look over and this guy is mouthing words and waving his hands. I roll down my window just as the light turns green and he says, "Is that 405 horsepower?" I reply "yuppers". He says " that is absolutely awesome" He is about 55 or 60 years old so I gave him a little tail wag show thru first and second gear.

Makes a guy feel good. Kinda like I made the right choice. hahaha

Oh, another thing happened today. I was in the Z and at the drive up teller window at the bank. I hear a guy pull up to the stall to the left of me and hear him revving his motor and power braked the car. I just keep looking straight ahead. Then I hear the motor race and the tires squeal a second time. I look over and it is my buddy in his Highway Patrol car (undercover). He is a big wig in his division. He rolls down his window and says " do you want to race?" hahaha I replied " I think they call this entrapment". hahaha

He is a Corvette fan but does not own one. I need to take him for a spin some day.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
LOL

The Z does get a lot of attention. Yesterday when my wife went out to finish up our xmas shopping, we were coming out of a store and walking towards the car. My wife noticed a young boy (maybe around 10-11) had hopped out of his car and ran over to the Z and was checking it out and telling his Mom that's what he wanted to get for Xmas :)

We just laughed. I can remember those dreams myself when I was 10. ...Sometimes dreams do come true!

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Indeed they do...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Nice story Norman!! These cars are so much fun to drive!! :cool:

Hey, how about you making the trip across state to meet some of the guys here in St. Lous on Sat. the 29th. for our dyno day?? Going to be lots of fun!! It's really not a bad drive. :yeadog:

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Hey PN, he must have good eyes!
I'm 46 and the ole eyesight isa goin, I don't think I could make out the 405 :lol: :lol:
:cheers:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts