Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my car there for a tranny problem. 4th gear shifter dog went. As I understand it, it was made of aluminum. In 2001 the shifter dog it was steel. The fix was to go back to steel.

anyhow, the dealer bent me over and got me for $5k for a BS tranny job.

I've lost faith in GM, it's dealer network is terrible especially tri state NYC.

What is wrong with GM cust svc?

My two best freinds also have GM products. Hummer H2 (tranny 2nd gear went) and my other freind has a GMC Yukon full of gremlins. GM and the dealer network can't help..... all they want is $$$$$. My friend with teh Hummer had to shell out $4400 out of pocket...... the tranny went 3 days after the 3 year warranty date was up. GM would'nt goodwill it. Sayonara. My other friend has the GMC but curses GM and is looking to buy an alternate brand.

After my Z..... I may go with the GTR.

GM has lost 3 customers here based on their selfishness and what they think is dominance in the market place. Not anymore.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I hear you. I quit buying new GM products in 1986. Got such great service and attention that i bought a new 2009 C6 Z06. It runs great had a minor issue. Brought it in no arguments they fixed it and off i went. They have called twice to ask how is the car. And to remember to bring it in for service. First oil change free, 10 quart dry sump system. 24 years can get an old dog to learn new tricks.

·
Premium Member
1,520 Posts
I would look in the mirror. You had this same problem in 2004 and didn't learn from it so I don't feel sorry for you. A forum is a good tool to get answers BEFORE you make mistakes, complaining after you make the same mistake twice....too bad. Enjoy your GTR...

FROM 2004:
I have a Hurst shifter profesionally installed. Car has 12K miles.... has been working great up until this week. The car won't go into 4th gear! If it does go in... it's almost impossible to get out!

Does anyone have an idea what's wrong with my tranny? I don't abuse the car but I do drive hard.. hitting 120+ in 4th gear is normal for me. What gives?

Future Chevy in NJ has my car.... they say it may not be covered under warranty because of my shifter. This is garbage! GM people are idots!

Any thoughts?

PLease help... any comments would be appreciated.
In the same thread you apparently take your car to another NJ dealer and have this to say:

It's costing me $3000 to get the 4th gear fixed!

For everyone's own good.... DO NOT BRING YOUR CAR TO OASIS CHEVROLET out in Old Bridge NJ! They don't want to warranty the car because of the shifter.... "they're by the book".

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Let us know waht Nissan has to say when you want to get your GTR fixed under warranty after a couple of launch control starts.:mah:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts