Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I am in the process of selling my supercharged BMW M3 and will be making the switch over to a more "normal" daily car (BMW 530 or 540 six-speed) and a Z06 as a dedicated track car. I have a line on the Manheim Auction so when the time comes I will be looking at the auctions for a car. I am going to shoot for a 2002 or 2003 with less than 35,000 miles. They generally are selling for around $30k right now and I am hoping when it comes time for me to purchase (3-6 months) they'll be down even further. Color doesn't matter, although yellow would be ideal. Anyway, are there any specific things I should be on the lookout for in regards to potential issues or common problems? Again this will be mainly a track car with some minimal weekend use (run out to the moutains or whenever I get an urge to drive a sports car). Thanks everyone!

Mark Radelow
1988 Chevy K2500 (5.7 Pushrod Power!)
1998 Supercharged M3 (302whp)
200x Z06 one day????

·
Registered
77 Posts
If you can pick up a clean car for that price(I spent a lot more,only 7k mi.though), I don't see how you could be dissappointed. For those years, you don't have to be concerned about too many specific issues, just perform common investigation & inspection as you would on any used car. I think you will be happy if you get a good car. I previously had a M Coupe, which was a great car, but just a little slow. For the same amount of $ I would have spent to make it faster(FI,etc.) I just decided to put towards a Z06, + it's a newer car :thumb: .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts