Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Best I can get, ( limited so far), on the G Tech, is 4.69..........
This is with a 3540# payload.........not counting 1/2 tank o f gas....
Seems the '01's were supposed to do 4.0, or 4.5???.......
What do ya'll think??.
Repeatable, to within 1/10th............
Is there a formula, that would give me the "Perfect", #.............all things equal, with this weight, and 347 rwhp??.:-?

·
Registered
803 Posts
Quarter Jr predicts 0-60 mph in 4.49 sec using 3000 rpm for launch on Standard Day conditions (AD%=100). The times would be higher (slower) for lower air quality. If you have the temp, humidity, and local baro pressure, I'll correct your numbers. You might be right there.

I might suggest that your next purchase be a racers weather station that calcs HP correction factor.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just so happens

30.02 baro, 52% humidity, 56degrees..............
Roger, all this equipment you are using is Greek to me.....I would need a TUTOR to use it!!!!!!:D

·
Registered
803 Posts
Re: Just so happens

ZO6LS6 said:
30.02 baro, 52% humidity, 56degrees..............
Roger, all this equipment you are using is Greek to me.....I would need a TUTOR to use it!!!!!!:D
Unfortunately, the 4.69 sec 0-60 time corrects to Std Day performance of 4.708 sec - slower than you thought. I do, however, suspect your weather numbers - especially the baro. It makes a huge difference.

If you get the right equipment, the weather corrections are a piece of cake. I suggest the Computech Systems RaceAir. Turn it on, let it work and it provides the SAE HP correction factor. From there it's a simple multiply to get corrected performance numbers.

Check it out: www.computechsys.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts