Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been seeing several posts mention G-Tech and went and looked it up on our vendors. Looks like around $139 or so... is this the same G-Tech talked about... and any comments on use/worth/etc? How does it work?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I have one. It's an accelerometer, how it works internally, I have no idea but it seems to act on the same principle as a level.

It supposedly measures HP.....I have conflicts with the numbers that it gives me, I rely on a DynoJet. What it does do well is measure G-Forces on the driver in all 4 lateral directions. It is supposed to give you 0-60 times but I have not messed with that application yet.

I mounted mine near the HUD.

IMO it's eye candy and a toy. Fun toy.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I have one, but haven't even put it in the Z06 yet.. Maybe I will do that on my way into work today.

You need a Very level road to have any hope of good data. The Gtech needs to be level.. Finding flat roads in Washington is pretty tough.

The Z06 does squat and dive a bit.. That will skew the readings.

Oh yeah, the suction cups will leave marks on your windshield :eek:

J

·
0 Posts
Ran the 139 dollar gtech for 0 to60mph and 1/4mile.

At the track..I ran both the gtech and the track times..hell probably 50 times together..

The G tech is set up as per the instructions was so accurate..I would know my et and trap speed before I got the both every time..

The g tech was consistant at .11 seconds slow and 3.8 to 4 mph fast on trap speed as compared to track timers..

The real benefit for a g tech in my mind is to learn the best launch technique to 60 mph on flat ..level deserted roads..

You can check the level of the road with two passes with the gtech set up ..

The only thing that I don't like is..its made for the cigarette lighter (which is were I have the remote display of the valentine one) and having the cord run to the armrest..sets the g tech off tilt..

So imho use the cigarette lighter space..center the piece in the windshield..make sure its level..then check the road your running on..

Stay safe and have fun..

I learned alot using that 139 dollar tech piece.

Taught me..how to get the best launch out of my present car..

I was way off before I bought that little thing..

I've said it a thousand times..what feels slow is fast..and what feels fast and crazy is slow..

My best times ...are with just a quick chirp of the tires..

AT the drags with street tires..my 99 C5 with an automatic yet..(cold air and powerloader) pulls 12.88 @ 109.43..and I think if I practice a little..I could get this car even better..

Of course its performance pails to the zo6 but the G tech experience is similiar. I hope this helps ..

PS>>I dig the zo6..its the best vette yet..

Attachments

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys... good info...

Learning how to get best times was exactly what I wanted it for.

Guess I have to add to my list of wants :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts