Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am considering a G5X-3/AFR 205 combo this summer. Read numerous threads on 112 vs 114 but I can't get a definitive answer on the difference. My application is road racing so tq under the curve is important. Flycutting isn't an issue as it would have to be done on either cam because I'd be getting the AFR's milled to bump compression. Would appreciate any feedback. :thumb:

Also, is it worth going FAST 90mm with stock displacement? Some say 10-15 hp & tq gain.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
The 112 will give you slightly more rwhp and better torque down low. I am told for daily driveability, the 114 is better. I really have great response in the low rpm range with my G5X3, which is on a 114...so I don't really know how much "better" is better with respect to "down low" performance.

As far as the Fast 90/90 set up, you should see at minimum 15 rwhp and 10 rwtq gain. But I will warn you, be prepared for a significant change in overall driveability, as this combination does have an effect, especially when the engine is cold. :yeadog:

Don

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Buy two of these setups while your at it.. maybe lou will give you a deal :D I'd be your bestest friend for ever and ever ;)

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cobra4B said:
Buy two of these setups while your at it.. maybe lou will give you a deal :D I'd be your bestest friend for ever and ever ;)
No sweat. 112 or 114? :D

And since you'd be my bestest buddy evar, you can pick me up one of these:

My birthday is May 17th so mark your calendar. :lol:

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
dmtnt, i'd be tough to get the hood down with that set up! :jawdrop: Just cut a hole in the hood and don't take it out in the rain. :yeadog: The 112 lsa definately pulls harder at lower rpm's, but has more shake at idle than the 114. I went with the 112 and love it. Plus, it just sounds healthier and more like a race car. ;)

Bob

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FYI, for those following this thread, below are Tony Mamo's comments (he's from AFR):

The 112 LSA will come off a corner slightly harder and give you a good powerband till 7000 RPM's or so....the 114 would carry better past 7000 but would have slightly less "area under the curve". The negative to the 112 in a street car is the idle quality suffers and the ability to drive in top gear at low RPM's is further compromised. If thats not a big deal, go with the 112....if idle quality and low RPM engine manners are important to you, go with the 114 LSA.

And the FAST 90 is worth at LEAST 15 HP and similar TQ increases (over a stock LS6 intake and stock TB)....go for it if you can swallow the entrance fee....

Tony M.
Think my decision is made.... :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts