Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in Texas have a G5X3 cam or similar and have problems getting an inspection sticker. I about to get a cam done but dont really want any state inspection problems. I am running cats, so i'm not really worried about the emmissions aspect as much as I am concerned about the cam's idle making an inspector automatically say noway.

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
Roll up with a pocket full of cash. In Berlin, I had to ship my 1991 Camaro back to the States and it is insane how their customs inspections are. I am talking, if you THINK your car is good. ITS NOT. I mean, this was with white glove inspection tests. Undercarriage, everything had to be literally SPOTLESS! He opened my hood and found (get this) ONE SINGLE PINE NEEDLE and failed me. Said "Look at this...Your trying to bring home a tree". I had to leave and come back next day. Next day, what happens? IT FRIGGEN SNOWS! I got up at 3 am to drive the car RIDING THE BRAKE 4 miles so as to NOT get any more crap on the car. Yeah, ok he passed me THAT DAY but it was because we started talking stuff he liked. Found a common ground, and I told him I would get him a United Nations Patch. After the 4 hour cavity search, my car FINALLY passed inspection and that's with him having hopes of getting a UN Patch. That bastard didn't get SHYT! (It was shipped that day anyway) All that to ship a car back stateside. I should have torched it! So, sometimes, if you find a common ground you MAY be able to persuade his write off. In the Army, we call it "pencil whipped". Other than that....Good luck!

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Damn Floridians w/o inspections ;) I hadn't thought about the inspection part... I'm close to getting a big cam in, but forgot about the intimidating idle giving it away.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
The idle doesn't really matter. I went through my inspection without any problems. The guy asked what all was done to the car and I told him it was stock. He looks at me funny but, what can he say. I was serious when I said it was stock. :sneaky: :lol:

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I'm running LG's G7 cam which is a bit more agressive than the G5 series and passed inspection without any problems. If you're not throwing codes you should be OK.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, the idle is the only thing that concerned me since right now 96 and newer dosent have to be sniffed.
Z62 what are the specs on a G7 cam?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks IT that answered allot of questions

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.