Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Garmin 2610 that I have to part with. It includes the following:

-Garmin 2610 color touch screen with voice prompts (http://www.garmin.com/products/sp2610/)
-Remote Control
-bean bag dash mount
-all manuals and software
-512M ScanDisk with maps
-Cig Power Cable with Speaker
-Garmin carrying case

Additions:
-Custom RAM Mount (same mounts used by PDs in their cruisers for laptops) that bolts into seat frame rail
-Window mounted antenna (completely hidden) that allows me to mount the unit out of sight from the window.

It's a great tool, and can be swapped from car to car (I bring it with me when I travel and have to rent a car). It's as close to factory navigation as you can get without actually having a factory unit. It has WAAS and as such can be used in cities or mountains (I use in NYC and used it in Boston for all the time).

This went for a grand new for just the unit. I am asking $500 (OBO) for *everything*! For locals we can meet in person, so you check everything out. I know several members here have seen my setup and can vouch for it.

-N

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
l8back said:
hey do u still there!
I'm still here...

Feel free to IM or email me at [email protected]

I have this in my Z, but it will fit any vehicle (I used in my old 03 Jetta VR6).

-N

·
Registered
475 Posts
I might be interested, but I would like to see more pictures of your custom mount. I went to the Garmin site and they don't show a mount like you describe. Would you take another picture of you mounting or take me to the web site where you bought it? Thanks.

Chas.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
wlxx861 said:
I might be interested, but I would like to see more pictures of your custom mount. I went to the Garmin site and they don't show a mount like you describe. Would you take another picture of you mounting or take me to the web site where you bought it? Thanks.

Chas.
Chas -- The Mount is made by RAM Technology.

Here is what it looks like with the Garmin Mount:

The RAM Mount has a flexible stand, so I can bend and twist it into a position where I can see it the best -- likewise, my wife will twist it so she can see it if she's riding shotgun. The mount is very secure, and the nothing will budge during hard cornering or acceleration. Since I have the antenna mounted in the window I can keep the Garmin below the window for a cleaner appearance. When it sat ontop of the dash, with the HUD, everything was just to busy (not to mention it would slide around on the beanbag mount).

Stick on antenna:

Mount and Cradle:

-N

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
you took that thing to 172mph?

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
phantasms said:
you took that thing to 172mph?
Me? Never!

We all know GPS lies! Lies I tell yah!!

NH is a great state -- if you ever drive north there are some nice open highways up there :)

:cheers:

-N

·
Registered
258 Posts
It takes a steady hand........

:eek: Stock shocks & tires???
Anything over 140 and mine is a handful.
I plan on lowering it 1" next week - maybe that'll help a bit.
Anyone know if '04 shocks will make a noticeable difference?

OK, I'm done hijacking. Good luck on the sale, I have had nothing but good luck with Garmin products. Excellent customer service as well.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
USA #1 said:
:eek: Stock shocks & tires???
Anything over 140 and mine is a handful.
I plan on lowering it 1" next week - maybe that'll help a bit.
Anyone know if '04 shocks will make a noticeable difference?

OK, I'm done hijacking. Good luck on the sale, I have had nothing but good luck with Garmin products. Excellent customer service as well.
At the time I had 04 shocks, lowered, and stock tires/wheels (headers, vararam, tuning, etc). 140 in the Z has always been a snap.

You should look into an alignment and check your suspension make sure nothing is lose.

back on topic -- SOLD!

-N

1 - 9 of 9 Posts