Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Based on this post--http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showpost.php?p=828956&postcount=48--and the estimated 16/25 EPA mileage on the brochure, will the car have a guzzler tax.

Which equation applies. On a 55%/45% city/highway average, the mileage is 20.05mpg with $1700 tax. With the equation it is 22.38mpg, which would be ever so close, but still in the $1000 tax range.

Which would apply?

Thanks,

David

P.S.
$1000, the cost of a set of headers or a cam and tune.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I can't answer your question, but here's one tid bit of info. Back in January, Dave Hill at a local Corvette Club event said they weren't sure yet if they would fall under the domain of gas guzzler tax.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
It's a small amount to pay considering all the Performance. :ity:

·
Banned
504 Posts
Maybe 25MPG!

A MTI motor guy wrote that he was getting 25MPG with there ZO7!
My 02 Z is a tad illegal but breaths way better these days with more power and gets way over thirty.
That bigger motor will be having a easier time then mine of course, but the more displacement to fuel.
I'm thinking they have more then 22mpg in the works, because they have emphacised that and the new boy is more of the same!

·
Registered
215 Posts
All I can say is that if there is a GG TAX there had better not be any goddamn skipshift system on there! :guiness:

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
If there has to be a gas guzzler tax, so be it, and I agree
GM had better not be playing around with the skip-shift or some other stupid idea to get around it. If you can afford the new Z, you can afford a few dollars more and pay the gz tax.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
johniew398 said:
GM had better not be playing around with the skip-shift or some other stupid idea to get around it. If you can afford the new Z, you can afford a few dollars more and pay the gz tax.
This makes no sense to me.

If they can avoid the GG tax with skipshift, they had better do it. The GG tax will cost you a minimum of $1000. Skipshift can be disabled with a 25 cent resistor from Radio Shack. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

If you don't care about the $1000, toss it my way and I'll use it to fund my next Z :D.

I do agree that if they can't change their GG bracket, they might as well avoid SS though.

·
Z06 WinterFest Coordinator
2,865 Posts
Gas Guzzler Tax :bs:
What's next, your car looks too good tax :screwy:
What ever GM does to get around it, someone will come up with a cheap fix and I'll be first in line!!

Ken

·
Registered
469 Posts
johniew398 said:
If there has to be a gas guzzler tax, so be it, and I agree

Because the skip shift is SO difficult to disable????

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Jay2002WS6 said:
Because the skip shift is SO difficult to disable????
Another little known feature of CAGS is it helps Corvette meet noise standards :cheers:

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
And the BEST reason to defeat the CAGS is that you no longer have to lube the CAGS bearings! (they're a PITA to get to, and SO small!

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
It won't be subject to the GG tax. Seems Chevy found a loophole that lets them classify it as a truck, just like any SUV...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts