Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How will this effect buyers of new z06?

If gas prices raise by 50-75c by october, how many of us will change our mind and not get new Z.

I bought hummer month ago and now i wish i didnt.

If prices of gas go up by 50-75cents, will you still buy new Z?

·
Registered
356 Posts
I could care less. This country has no energy plan. My plan is to let all the Dumb A**es buy more fuel efficient cars so I can burn all the fuel I want in my Z06!

·
Registered
906 Posts
It would have to hit $7/gal. for me to even think about getting something with less than 400-500 hp.

·
Registered
387 Posts
That would be my last concern, we already pay $4 and change for a gallon of high test.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Supply and demand and the rest of the world including China want cars...........up goes the price of fuel.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
If I can afford a 70,000.00 ride, the cost of fuel is inconsequential. :roll:

·
Registered
371 Posts
zedosix said:
That would be my last concern, we already pay $4 and change for a gallon of high test.

76 racing Fuel (100 octane) is nearly $5 per Gallon Here :bs:

I don't like it, :mah: but i'll pay :z:

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
35 Years ago if you told me i would be buying a 16 oz. bottle of water for a buck, i would laugh like Hell. Just turn on the faucet and pour a glass, would have been my answer. I was paying almost a $1.00 a gallon for Sunoco 260 back then. So $2.50 A gallon for 94 Octane today puts all in perspective, a deal.

Jack

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
That's a joke..... Compare your Z's gas milage to your Hummer, or any other car or SUV for that matter. I get 28mpg all day long on the highway. I'm sure the new Z will still be in the 20's. What SUV gets that?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So takes me about 35$ to fill up now with 2.25 a gallon...
if it gets $4.50a gallon,(double) and it takes you 70$ to fill up and only go 160miles on full tank, you would think about that i am sure. Thats in my TA, i dont want to even talk about H2.

it makes a difference. Shiiit ads up over a year!
i fill up once a week....140 a month=1680$
now double that...3360$...Not cool if you ask me!

I guess i will just have to get another electric car to go to work and crap and keep h2 and z in the garage for weekends...

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Redbull said:
I bought hummer month ago and now i wish i didnt.

Let me get this straight, you couldn't do the math before you bought the Hummer? Even if gas was a $1 a gallon a Hummer is going to cost you more.

Gas prices could double and we would still be ahead of the game compared to the rest of the world, except the oil nations.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Redbull said:
I guess i will just have to get another electric car to go to work and crap and keep h2 and z in the garage for weekends...
Just got to get something with good gas mileage for daily driver thats all and keep h2 and z in for weekends.

·
Registered
85 Posts
The thing that sucks about the high price of gas is every thing will go up that is shiped by truck :flaming:

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm definitely still getting the Z regardless of the gas price. That's why Detroit makes 4 cylinder commuter cars... :thumb:

Besides, if I was worried I couldn't afford the gas, I sure as hell couldn't afford the Z!

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'd have to politely agree with the earlier member: If you are considering buying a $70,000 sports car, the difference between $25-40 per fill up shouldn't be an issue. If you pay cash for the car, no big deal. If you're financing the car to the hilt with a payment of over $1,000/month, again, what is another $50/month for gas...?
just my 2 cents...

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Z16 said:
The thing that sucks about the high price of gas is every thing will go up that is shiped by truck :flaming:
Unfortunately that is true. I work for one of the largest transportation companies and diesel affects not only everything shipped by truck but also by rail.

The consumers wind up paying the tab for most of the increased cost of fuel.

As far as higher fuel costs: both my 2002 Z06 and my wife's BMW540i beat my six cylinder S-10 so I'm not complaining. But, of course with the Z I was getting 21 - 22 driving it to work almost every day.

·
Registered
853 Posts
If yah can,t afford the gas yah shouldn,t be in this forum.... :guiness: Who realy cares about the price of gas???????

1 - 20 of 33 Posts