Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Gas price increase!?

3K views 32 replies 24 participants last post by  Redbull 
#1 ·
How will this effect buyers of new z06?

If gas prices raise by 50-75c by october, how many of us will change our mind and not get new Z.

I bought hummer month ago and now i wish i didnt.

If prices of gas go up by 50-75cents, will you still buy new Z?

#28 ·
painrace said:
I could care less. This country has no energy plan. My plan is to let all the Dumb A**es buy more fuel efficient cars so I can burn all the fuel I want in my Z06!
You da man. I want everyone to get a new Chevy Cobalt or a Jetta TDI diesel to leave more fuel for sports cars.

#29 ·
Sanford said:
With over 650 Billion Dollars in debt..........I'm just glad China buys our treasury bills. In other words our dollar is tanking and people only accept it because it says in God We Trust. It sure isn't the low interest rates on the T bills.
Also right on.

If we went to full nuke electric power and streamlined the enviro mess related to permitting nukes, we could ditch coal; use elecric cars for the daily grind; save gas for our fun cars; and quit sending so many dollars to OPEC, helping immensely our trade deficit. If we started today, we could have the process completed in a decade. Oh, well.

Also, in days gone by, when you needed more energy, you conquered the producer. Now, we invest in China and help them create a manufacturing and consumer culture so they will use MORE energy that will drive demand from the same sources we use and thereby increase prices. We kinda dumm sumtimes.

#30 ·
I dont get It! I though the new Z06 was going to do between 18 and 28 mpg just like the C5 Z06, If thats the case then over 85% of cars consume that much, how many cars would that make ? Millions, is everyone going to get rid of millions of cars and companies make millions of cars over night? I think Not, plus if thats the problem all you have to lose is the money by keeping the car and wait for the crisis to die down, or just drive it less :pp:

#32 ·
There is a problem here and nobody is facing up to it. Most all of us in the U S of A have more then one car per household. Now the rest of the world including the middle east, China, Japan, Korea etc. want their share of cars. Look at the freeways and streets of our citys. Jammed full of cars burning "oil". Great for breathing and warming up the atmosphere etc. What does our leaders want to do about it? Drill more oil wells in Alaska? Give more of our national wealth to the Arabs so they can buy our companies? Not sure what the answer is......... I do enjoy driving my Z06 and I have an order in for a 2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 425 HP Hemi. So I'm part of the problem.

#33 ·
I been in all over europe and i lived there for 14 years. My family and other citezens didnt even have to drive car (some did afcourse) to work because of great transportation systems and so on. Some transportation is driven by electricity as well and i think that would be a good idea for USA too.

but imagine if there is lack of (or no) oil in USA and almost everyone is driving cars everywhere here. EVERYTHING would stop. Gas is american weakness we all know it. (People dont go to work, nothing gets done)

However, i will most likely get new Z if price is where i want it to be (60k-wheather i have to wait 6month to a year for it to get there). but, i will defently not drive it daily. I will get my 40-50mpg car and use it as daily driver.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.