Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With gasoline prices being so high, thought I'd pass along a money saving tip to those attending the Z06 Fest.

Most everyone buys their gas along Scottsville Rd in Bowling Green. Scottsville road is the main drag off of I-65 where most all the hotels, restaurants, etc are located. Almost everyone leaves the Baymont or Hampton Inn by turning left onto Three Springs Road, and stops at their favorite brand gas station. INSTEAD, turn RIGHT onto Three Springs Road, and go past the Santa Fe Cattle Company (restaurant). Continue about 1/2 mile...on your right is a gas station (Texaco, I believe) that sells gas for about 4-5 cents per gallon less than those stations on Scottsville Rd.

If you need help/directions, see me at the Fest.

Hope this helps. :)

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Nice tip Zipster, sure that will sae a lot of money next week...

Mark

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Great tip Tony...thanks!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
OKAY.... all that money on a Corvette and you are using premium gas....what difference does 2-3 cents a gallon make?

Zippy, great info....but for the high octane, tire burning, 120 mph to Maker's Mark Crowd...does it really make a difference?

Zippy is probably one of the few who are actually obeying traffic laws....for the hoodlums of the bunch....I don't think they are gonna fuss about fuel prices and if they do......

well we will have to slap them around with a large trout...just like on chat!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Adam Boca said:
Just because one owns a vette does not meant that saving money is not important. Many people own $50K vehicles, but try to get the cheapest gas..
Yeah but don't you think that is a bit funny....especially when they are burning out in the NCM parking lot?

If they wanted to save money they would be saving their tires........just making a point here, not arguing....it strikes the cynical side of me..thats all....did you all hear if Toyota was having a Prius Fest this year? Are they having a DE or drag racing event this year? :usa: :usa: :usa:

Ohh and BTW I am a Zippy fan and we love you Zip......no offense meant by this thread.......

Do you realize that we are towing our vette with our V10 5 speed 3/4 ton dodge....that gets 9 miles per gallon and if we were really that worried about a difference of $30, then we would just stay home and not :bmad: attend the fest at all?

·
Premium Member
10,998 Posts
Another tip that you might try is using lower octane fuel when you are travelling to Bowling Green on the interstate. Your engiine will retard the spark while you drive. When you are running the cheaper stuff do not get on it hard in acceleartion or you will get engine knock. Considering the normal 20 cents difference between regular and premium and the distance most of use will travel it will significant save money. When you fillup in BG go back to premium. If you are running at the track run it down closer to empty before you fill up with premium. You do not use alot of power to run at a steady speed on the intersate. I think we are at the highest price level we have all seen right now. :z:

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Obviously Kaya, you have never ridden with Zippy :D Just ask him how fast he goes when he's in the left lane on the expressway :yeadog:

Thanks again for the tip Zippy, I had forgotton about it since the cruise when we were talking about the fest :cheers:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts