Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please forgive my ignorance,

I see GM is in the aftermarket accessories business. If I were looking to purchase some genuine Corvette Accessories, would I go to my Corvette dealer or would I go to an aftermarket reseller? If an aftermarket reseller, is there a list of those authorized to sell GM's Corvette accessories"

·
Registered
1,311 Posts

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
GlennSullivan said:
Please forgive my ignorance,

I see GM is in the aftermarket accessories business. If I were looking to purchase some genuine Corvette Accessories, would I go to my Corvette dealer or would I go to an aftermarket reseller? If an aftermarket reseller, is there a list of those authorized to sell GM's Corvette accessories"
Specifically, what type of "accessories" are you referring to?

Charlie

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wow, this thread was about as helpful as a blowtorch in hell. :lol: :D
I'm interested in a soft/dust cover for the Z while it's in the garage.
I will be driving mine as often as possible, but it will be in the bay next to my wife's Tahoe where her and our two kids (2 & 5) are constantly going in and out.
Better safe than sorry. Plus no little hand prints all over.
Anyone have suggestions on really top notch brands or brands to stay away from?

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Greenshirt:

As I said previously. Chevrolet dealers sell GM car covers, the storage pouches that fit behind the seats, color matched center console covers, color matched door handles, license plate frames, and much more.

If you need a match to light your blowtorch, I bet your Chevy dealers can help you with that too!

Check our supporting vendors listed on the left. <----

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sorry, guess I wasn't clear. I am aware of all the GM accessories for the Vettes, that's not what I'm looking for.
I won't rule out a cover from GM for the Z, but I know there are plenty out there to choose from and want to see what's available.
I haven't had time to extensively search yet, but of the vendors I've checked out so far, I can't seem to locate a good cover strictly for indoor coverage.
I know they're out there, and I'll find them. Just thought someone here might have a good suggestion to save some time.
Thanks for your suggestion though. :cheers:

·
Registered
245 Posts
greenshirt77 said:
Sorry, guess I wasn't clear. I am aware of all the GM accessories for the Vettes, that's not what I'm looking for.
I won't rule out a cover from GM for the Z, but I know there are plenty out there to choose from and want to see what's available.
I haven't had time to extensively search yet, but of the vendors I've checked out so far, I can't seem to locate a good cover strictly for indoor coverage.
I know they're out there, and I'll find them. Just thought someone here might have a good suggestion to save some time.
Thanks for your suggestion though. :cheers:
greenshirt: I wouldn't buy a cover from GM if I were you. Get an aftermarket cover, such as a Noah, something extra soft to protect your paint's finish from added swirl marks. In my experience, just because GM sells the aftermarket equipment doesn't make it the "best" out there. For the most part, their aftermarket stuff sucks.

Get in touch with some of the supporting vendors. They'll set you up. I can't express how aggravating it is to see GM already trying to sell aftermarket parts for the C6. Body-colored door handles, chrome handles, behind the seat storage, mesh exhaust cover plate, body-colored rear stop light/spoiler. It's ridiculous. They even market the parts in such a way as to make them sound better. These will make your car look cleaner, more integrated, more finished, etc. Why didn't they make the C6 that way in the first place, or better yet, just offer the dang parts either way at no added cost. If they know the parts look better, then make them that way. Ok, I'll get off my soapbox. :ity: :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts