Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
June 15 , 2005

-----------------------------------------------------------

Z06 Ride Opportunities and More at This Year’s Z06 Fest!

Pre-registered participants for the Z06 Fest are in for an exciting ride!

A special drawing will give a limited number of Z06 Fest participants an opportunity to enjoy a “ride-with” in a Z06 – but only pre-registered participants are eligible. Pre-registration closes on Wednesday, July 6. Registration is available online at: Click here

Steve Wesoloski, newly name GM Road Racing Group Manager, will be joining us at the Z06 Fest. Steve is a key member of the race team engineering staff, and provided the conduit for the transfer of technology in both directions between the street and track vehicles, making the C6 and more specifically the Z06, closely related to the race car. Now he will be overseeing the whole GM road racing effort. Steve will present an exciting seminar on Friday morning that focuses on the engineering that went into the development of the new Z06.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GM Podcast – Dave Hill Speaks About the Z06

Podcast host Deb Ochs interviews Corvette Chief Engineer Dave Hill who discusses the upcoming 2006 Corvette Z06, one of this year’s most highly anticipated — if not most anticipated — launches.

Dave reviews the co-development of the Corvette Z06 and C6.R Corvette race car, shared technology and use of advanced lightweight materials and reveals what everyone wants to know--base price and the 0-60 mph performance. Find out more and be a part of this exciting interview by visiting GM’s Fast Lane site here: Click here Be sure to click “Download the MP3” to listen.

-----------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
WOW-WEE!!! What great news George! Thanks for posting this! :cheers:

I've met Steve, and he is one heck of a great guy!

So glad I've pre-registered. :yeadog:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Now I'm really wishing I could make it. You guys have a good time.

Alex

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Glad Britt and I pre-registered also! :thumb: How do we sign up for the ride George? :-?

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Very cool, glad I pre-registered.

Mike, sounds like the NCM will pick the winners from the pool of pre-registered folks...

Mark

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
Glad I preregistered too!! Hope I'm one of the lucky ones....maybe persuade me to buy one.
:thumb: :D

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Now why would I want a ride in a slower car with less horsepower and skinner tires :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice perk for the preregistered Fest attendee's

Joe

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Just read my emails. The NCM sent this news to those on their mail list.

Can't wait for the Fest! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Mememememememmeme!!!!!!

Do we have to sign up any place special? I have been preregistered since registration was open......

I reallllllllyyyyyy nnnnnneeeeeedddd a Ride! I am like an addict who needs a fix......................................!!!!

500 horse power...yeah...do we get to pick where the ride is? like maybe a ride down the 1/4 mile at Beech Bend? Ohhh and do we get to DRIVE? This may ruin my chances but I almost made the Porsche salesman wet himself when I test drove the Porsche turbo.....he told me to be as aggressive as I felt comfortable with........hehehehehehe

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Very nice touch, Enjoy :thumb: :thumb:

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
mjustmike said:
Glad I preregistered too!! Hope I'm one of the lucky ones....maybe persuade me to buy one.
:thumb: :D
:jammin: :jammin: :jammin: :jammin:

·
Premium Member
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
They will draw from the REGISTRATION #s. It will be on the badge you get at the desk. They drew 3 at the CF Cruise-in last month but mine was NOT one of the lucky winners.

George

1 - 20 of 23 Posts