Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just at Bowling Green about 12 days ago doing the factory tour. During the tour couple of people not in our group were taking pictures next to a car going through the line.

I asked the guy what was going on. Was this a part of the museum delivery?..he replied no. He said that one could come to Bowling Green, see one's car go through the system and get pictures with it during production. I asked him how much and I thought he said it was free but that you couldn't pick up the car right away. (maybe testing, quality control)

But he did give me his number and although it was a bit noisy in the factory, I thought he said it was his mobile. Anyone interested, let me know.

BTW...I saw a sunset orange Z06 with unpolished wheels (ugly) near the end of the line and a blue one just completed on the end...no prices on the stickers...My 8 year old son got to start a regular c6 vert on the line, pretty damn kewl...

I have pictures in my phone if someone knows how to email them to this website. My email carrier -Verizon kills JPGs for some reason....

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
constren said:
But he did give me his number and although it was a bit noisy in the factory, I thought he said it was his mobile. Anyone interested, let me know.
I am interested. PM me.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
I plan on a Museum Delivery. Thanks for the input this would be good for the cars history(NCRS stuff). I'll check it out when my turn comes around. :usa:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yeah, its called a "birth tour" - you can be the first to start your Z on the line. They give a birth certificate also. Highly recommend R8C.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Would greatly appreciate infor on this tour. If anyone here has done this whom did you contact to schedule it?

I have requested R8C for my car and I'm not far from the factory.

ken

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
k wright said:
Would greatly appreciate infor on this tour. If anyone here has done this whom did you contact to schedule it?

I have requested R8C for my car and I'm not far from the factory.

ken
You could e-mail them and get an answer. Go to the web sight, National Corvette Museum. I'm already a member of the NCM and have some of my cars posted with them and they always seem to answer any and all questions. I'm 5 miles from the Bristol Drag-way or about 350 miles from the
Museum. Depending on when I get my order I'll drive mine home (break-in miles)or if weather is bad transport it like some horses.(505 of them) :jammin:

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
During the NCM factory tour. I started someones Black ZO6. Dont know whose it was but it was an honor to be the first person to start a ZO6 on the assemply line. I felt like I was part of the assembly process. They asked me to honk the horn and turn on the lights and that sort of thing as they took notes. :coo:

They told me I could have walked along side my car as it was being built but then I would have to wait a week for the PDI process. I opted to pick it up when it was ready.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts