Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife got me a dyno tune for X-mas and I'm finally making good on it at A&A corvette on Sat. I have a few minor bolt-on mods - Vararam, B&B bullets, larger airbridge... I've dynoed before and the car is a bit rich so I know there are a few horses in there to be had.

Any suggestion? I figured I'd have him lower the fan temps while we are at it. Any other suggestions of other changes/things I should look out for?

TIA,
Matt

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dynoed this past weekend at the dyno day at 362 and change. I've seen as high as 368 with this car but different day/dyno and before the B&B exhaust (did I lose power with these? Hmmmmm). I already have CAGS so the 1-4 is moot but a couple of more RPMs would be nice.

Matt

·
Registered
200 Posts
I highly doubt you lost HP w/Bullets. Maybe difference in engine temp and/or atmospheric conditions between session days caused the loss of the ponies.

Mike. :usa:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I would say it is more of a function of a different dyno. Dynos vary from type to type and from place to place. If you are going to use a dyno to get an idea of your delta for your mods, you have to use the same dyno for the base line as you do for the post mod runs.

I don't worry a great deal about the total output on a dyno but more in terms of the gains made by the changes I make. Find a shop that you can have access to when ever you make some mods. That way you can use the same dyno after each change so you can determine your delta.

From my personal experience I have seen dyno jet brands report about 10 rwhp less than the mustang brand dyno. However, numbers can vary from site to site.

intofx said:
I dynoed this past weekend at the dyno day at 362 and change. I've seen as high as 368 with this car but different day/dyno and before the B&B exhaust (did I lose power with these? Hmmmmm). I already have CAGS so the 1-4 is moot but a couple of more RPMs would be nice.

Matt

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Program out the CAGS and sell the part if you had it installed or better yet have them give it away at the Z06 Fest as a door prize. :z:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Looking forward to your new dyno numbers.

I was at Andy's dyno day also. I was the ONLY guy wearing a Z06VETTE.com t-shirt.

I had to represent... too bad I was alone. :z:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts