Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Speaking with Gary at the Museum regarding Museum delivery, he said he waits up to two weeks to schedule delivery once the plant tells him the car is available. Is it quicker to let the car get shipped to the dealer?

·
Registered
449 Posts
I'd be too afraid to chance some salesman at the dealership taking it out for the "valet test run" or the delivery truck scratching it, getting diesel soot on it or who knows what. If you've waited this long and paid 65k+, I'd pick it up or pay a specialty carrier to pick it up. So you know, there is a "birth tour" from the factory that is not an RPO. You can visit the plant during your car's production, get pictures with you next to it as it passes and then be the first one to start it. I think the only catch is the car won't leave the plant for a couple of days, but I did notice a relatively empty hotel right there next to the plant.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those are many of the reasons we opted for museum delivery.
The birth tour is interesting, but given Gary's museum restrictions, it would be more than a few days in BG :jawdrop:

·
Registered
58 Posts
You guys are lucky. Here in Canada apparently we cant get Museum delivery due to customs issues. What a pile of crap. I would have flown from Vancouver just to drive it back to the west coast.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DavidNJ said:
Over its life, the car will be driven by many mechanics, parking lot attendents, etc.
Not likely while it's my car. And once it's properly broken in, that's a different story too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts