Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Z06 Master
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a pic of everything you need to build a Z06 model.
The paints needed are listed on the back of the box. I got the model, glue & applicators,paint ( 8 colors), brushes, knife, and 600 grit sandpaper.
Total cost: $70
This will be a good project for rainy days.
I'll probably start on mine this weekend.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I bought the same model. I have not started yet, the weather over the past couple of weeks has been too nice here to be inside, 70s and sunny. I picked up the paints needed to make the model look my QS with red/black interior. I am having a little problem with one thing though. The sidWinder is not easy to make at that size. Good luck.

Don

·
Registered
945 Posts
I was going to buy it. I had it in my hand. I put it back. I have about 5 trophies for 1st place and best detail for my models. Bit i lost my patience for them and i can't find it.:( :( I used to love building them. So, I ordered a black 1/18 scale black Z06 Diecast, for display with my others in my garage.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Pretty crappy model kit, they didn't even scale down the ignition key and keyless entry fob.;) Just kidding...I loved building models as a kid, I may have to pick one of those up and relive the glory days of sniffing too much glue and getting my fingers glued together.

Good luck with the kit, post a pic of the finished product! Thanks for posting this thread, I am going to hit the local hobby shop for sure.

Paul

:z:

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
I got the same one, and while I like and and will probably build it someday, see how many "non-conformities" you can find :)

Here's one to get you started:

Pass side door has key lock

And for the astute, the rear fascia is not sagging :lol:

JC

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
N4C5S said:

And for the astute, the rear fascia is not sagging :lol:

JC
Not quite true, when i dried my paint in the oven on low it all sagged to the pan and wouldnt come off............

Disclaimer: Kids dont try this at home :lol: :lol: :-? :-? :lol:

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have that exact kit siting on my kitchen counter waiting for me to go and get the paint. It has been a while,
25 years since I built a model but my son asked and I saw my Vette so I said lets do it. I remember the last model I bought had the base color injected in the plastic and you only put on details. This model is going to take a lot of paint. Let me know how the paint you choose stacks up to the real deal.

Have fun,
JOHN

·
Z06 Master
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by N4C5S

I got the same one, and while I like and and will probably build it someday, see how many "non-conformities" you can find
I'm going to fill in the key hole with glue & sand it smooth.

The tires are Goodyear Eagle F1 Aquatread.
Front: 245 45 17 Rear: 275 40 18
Try pulling 1G with those :lol:

·
Registered
765 Posts
Hey I got that model too....either it's going to be Speedway White or I'm going to have to send it out to be painted and assembled. I have no patience for drying paint or glue.:lol:

Anybody got the number for Bowling Green?:D

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
By looking at the picture it looks like they put chromies on the car instead of the gray...

Mark

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I have that kit also. Here's a tip for you guys - test fit the wheels on the axles before you glue.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I am going to make a model like the Ferrari that German guy made. Of course it will be a ZO6 though. I will post about this again in five years or so when I am finished.

Now... if I could just find that dremel tool...:p

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I want one. There's a hobby shop visit in my future.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Ok, I found a "non-conformity" except this one is from the Maisto Die Cast 01' Z06 model.

The rear tires show as 265/40ZR17 the interesting part is they are the F1 Supercars they just used the same size tire on both the front and the rear.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Did you also notice that the rear brake calipers are on the rear side of the rear wheel and not the front?

Don

1 - 20 of 20 Posts