Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to transport an extra set of wheels and tires to the track in a Zo6 (assume stock size wheels and tires)?

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
One in the right front seat and one in the trunk lid open. Not good. :NoNo:

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I could do it in my C5 coup, but not in the Z06. In the C5 coup I still had one tire setting in the passenger seat.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I just did a dry run of this, as I was wondering the same thing. I WAS able to get a set of inflated 26x11.5x17 ET Streets mounted on rims into the trunk "area" from the passenger side. Remove partition if you have one. Move the passenger seat all the way forward. Tilt the seat forward all the way using the little lever on the back of the seat near the top of the headrest. Place the tire into the car standing up but with the lug holes pointing front to back of the car. Once into the car, lay the wheel down towards the trunk & while holding the seat back forward with your back or butt, slide the wheel into the trunk area, then go to the trunk & pull the wheel all the way in & to the driver's side. Repeat for the 2nd tire & you're good to go!
You could remove the seat also & this would make it easier & give you obviously more room as well.
Ron

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
I had a trailer hitch on my Z06 and towed a small tire trailer that I built a platform on top of to get the tires there. :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
For all the trailer queens out there, stock sized CCW's with hoosiers will fit in the car, along with a jack, toolbox, cooler and lawnchair. Put one front tire in the right rear (it goes in from the pass.side) and one rear tire ahead of it in the right rear. I fold up one towel to put over the center console, then put the other front and rear tires in the front seat. I then roll up a towel and wedge it between the tires and the pass.door. There are obvious drawbacks to all this, but it's certainly possible. Just two drag tires of any size should be cake!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts