Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the GHL bullets on and all I have to say is that the experience is now that much better. The sound on acceleration is great, the sound at idle is great, the burble on deceleration is great.. I'm happy! :jammin:

Now I just wish I could ride behind my Z to listen the music once.. too bad I don't want to let anyone else drive it!

I might have to think about removing Andy's partition so I can hear more of the sweet music! (at least sometimes)

I did hold off on installing the headers and x-pipe until I'm ready to have it tuned.. I'm thinking a cam is my next step after the warranty runs in the next six months, so I figure doing the two together and having it tuned is the logic step.

Anyway, thumbs up for GHL!!

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Give them a few miles to "break in" and they'll sound even better. Mine just got deeper and more "throaty". Remember, doing headers and an X-pipe is going to change the sound.

Charlie

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Am I correct that the change in tone will be minor, but the volume will increase? In any event, I'm going with the GHL headers and x-pipe next as I'll be itching for more power and like to do things in small steps (as opposed to going FI right away)..

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the exhaust breaking in, though I'm not sure about the significant other..ha The nut already told me that she thought the Z now sounds like a jalopy.. Oh well, I guess that's what I get for marrying a german vehicle lover.. She's looking for BMW / Audi refinement.. (zzzzzzzzz)..

Actually I had a tuned S4 which was a great car, but there's no comparison between the growl of the Z through these GHL bullets and the S4..

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
GHL's are great sounding :jammin: :jammin:

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Wits-Z said:
Am I correct that the change in tone will be minor, but the volume will increase?
That's correct. The tone will pretty much stay the same and the loudness will increase a little. If I'm really careful, I can still sneak into the garage unnoticed and unheard. :D

Charlie

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Wait till ya add the headers and put a big, narly cam in it! Your better half will forget about those bimmers in a big hurry and strap on her seat belt. :jawdrop:

Bob :cool:

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
rpallas said:
Wait till ya add the headers and put a big, narly cam in it! Your better half will forget about those bimmers in a big hurry and strap on her seat belt. :jawdrop:

Bob :cool:
You got that right Bob! :yeadog:

Jim

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
GHL's get a :thumb: up from me every time :cool:

Jack

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I love mine also - though, mine are the Magnums.

Alex :thumb:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Picked mine up direct.. great people to deal with at GHL..

Kirch said:
where is everyone getting their GHL bullets from?? let me know.
[email protected]
:cheers:

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
GNX Guy said:
I've got GHL's, they gave me 268 rwhp by just bolting them on (along with a few other minor things)

Here is what they sound like (carefull, its 5 meg)

http://www.hbscomputers.com/Z06/mov00318.mpg
GNX, I clicked on your sound track and just about blew my ears off. Must have had the sound turned up from yesterday when I was listening to some jazz. Now you may have GHL's on your ride but what I heard sounded like cut outs. It sounds great.

D.J.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts