Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok if I have done my research correctly, is it true the Magnums are louder than the bullets, because the Magnums have a shorter Muffler? Can someone confirm this for me? How would the sound of either of the two be compared to the Borla Stingers? I personally have heard the Borla Stingers, not bad of a sound, but at idle I want a deeper sound. And as far as loudness is concerned, I want the loudest :)

Thanks for any input on this.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
If you like the Stingers you will love the GHL's :z: :z:

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have the Magnums and a friend of mine has the GHL Bullets (slythetove). The Magnums are definetly louder but not by a huge margain. They sound a lot like PRT's I think...much more so than Stingers.

IT L GO said:
If you like the Stingers you will love the GHL's :z: :z:

·
Registered
373 Posts
torchedZ said:
I have the Magnums and a friend of mine has the GHL Bullets (slythetove). The Magnums are definetly louder but not by a huge margain. They sound a lot like PRT's I think...much more so than Stingers.
And I can attest that torchedZ's car sounds awesome! :thumb:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
torchedZ said:
With your combo, I bet that sounds killer. I'd love to hear a video of that thing!

Ok so I guess I will go with the Magnum's with the 3.5" quad tips.

·
Registered
396 Posts
All three are similar, supposedly the bullets have less of a resonance issue than the magnums or borla stingers. Also, the bullets look the best because they are fully polished. However, they cost more than magnums or stingers.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I think the Magnums tip design looks the best out of all three. They're polished except for the cans. The cans get dirty so fast it doesn't matter that they're not polished.

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
I have the 2 tip Magnums on my Z, and they have a 5" diameter muffler, whereas the bullets and magnum plus series have a 6" can. I have not had any problems with resonance, and my system came fully polished, which I didn't expect.
Car sounds great at idle, and the sound at WOT above 3k rpm
is just unbelieveable! I get compliments all the time!

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I have the Magnums on my car. I get lots of compliments from people behind me on the road. Depending on the vendor, some Magnum systems will come polished and some will not. Be sure to ask! You can't beat the polished look. I love mine. Satisfied 100%.

Oh yeah, zero resonance.

Alex :jammin:

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
GHL Magnum 2 tips=:D
Best bang for your buck, you won't be sorry.

Jack

·
Z06 Master
6,137 Posts
Do not know about the GHL's but my Bullets are dag gum loud with no cats and headers :cheers:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone!

I ordered directly from GHL, and got the 4 tip Magnums! I can't wait, I'll be more than glad to post a video of before and after.

I just presumed the bullets and magnums were all polished, but I guess we'll have to wait and see, if they are not, I don't care, they will get dirty anyways.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I ordered my 4 tip magnum system directly from GHL, and it came fully polished. I just have the cat back system, and it's pretty loud. If it's loud and deep you want... you won't be sorry. :yeadog:

·
Registered
878 Posts
b & b prt's plus xpipe.great sound and WOT and no resonance
:usa:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I bought a set of GHLs (bulls eye tips) for my 2002 coupe. I really have to say that they were great sounding and got a lot of looks and questions on what brand they were. I don't think GHL is really known out there like the Corsa or others. I think they make a great product and you get exactly what they claim you will get.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just went through the same thing.. I recently had Lamar Walden Automotive install a mild head/cam package, full dynatech system, new clutch the whole nine yards. I first went with the Borla and the resonating in the cabin was killing me! I then ordered the 2-tip Magnums and I do like them but they are still loud as hell with my setup. I was actually thinking of switching again to the bullets to make it quieter but it sounds like they are not that much quieter so probably a waste of money huh?

Who wants to host my video? I will post it this weekend to give you guys a real world example. I have a feeling my neighbors are not happy with my new mods!

Take care,

Brian

1 - 16 of 16 Posts