Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a new product, but a very good one for cleaning your car's windows, or any windows and mirrors.

GM makes a spray on foamy window cleaner, that simply sprays on, and you wipe it off with a paper towel....presto-zingo, clean window. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

Your local dealer carries it as part # 1050427. Forgot what I paid for it, but if it's easy and works well, I buy it.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Stoner Invisible Glass works well on the outside windows, it foams as well. In a discloser statement it was free, they sent me an extra case some time back and only billed me for one, I do not want to get in trouble for receiving free products. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif

·
Registered
680 Posts
Zaino Glass cleaner will take out ALL waterspots after you clean them. It really works great, I was really impressed!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
0 Posts

On 2001-04-01 20:58, DaveP spewed forth this drivel:
Wadded up dry B&W newspaper works very well on dry windows, especially the inside. Its free!! Try it!!

I swear...God can strike me dead if I'm lieing!!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif I was told the same thing from my 3rd grade teacher back in 1958!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif She swore B&W newspapers did the trick for cleaning glass. I've never forgotten it, but I never tried it. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dave P:

Is this the same Dave I met a Koolisky's in Troy about 4-5 weeks ago? Just bought your Black Z about 3-4 days before?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Zippy,
Yes, thats me. Been to almost all of the CF get-togethers, guess you hadn't noticed!! Got that z broken in yet? See ya thurs!! PS try the newsprint it works great, especially on inside glass, no mess or wet streaks!

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dave:
Yes, Frank & I are planning on Baker's this Thursday. See you then.

·
Registered
28 Posts

On 2001-04-01 21:04, fcalmes spewed forth this drivel:
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD>Quote:</font><HR NOSHADE SIZE=1 COLOR=AAAAAA></TD></TR><TR><TD><BLOCKQUOTE><B>
On 2001-04-01 20:58, DaveP spewed forth this drivel:
Wadded up dry B&W newspaper works very well on dry windows, especially the inside. Its free!! Try it!!

I swear...God can strike me dead if I'm lieing!!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif I was told the same thing from my 3rd grade teacher back in 1958!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif She swore B&W newspapers did the trick for cleaning glass. I've never forgotten it, but I never tried it. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif
</B></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR NOSHADE SIZE=1 COLOR=AAAAAA></TD></TR></TABLE>
Frank you are really dating your self.......dad /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif lol

Life Member Buckmasters
"Life Is Short, Live It To The Fullest & Appreciate It"

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I have used Rain-X to clean the windows of my last last two performance cars. It takes a lot of effort to get them clean, but you don't need to use the windshield wipers at speeds above 35 mph, I don't care hard it is raining. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
107 Posts
Since we're going back to the "old days", here's what I was told to use for the outside of the glass by a Caddy dealer back in the 70s.....ever notice how the glass on a used car is always so clear and shiney? (the point here is that all the typical "road grunge", oil, etc. is gone)
They used to use Bon Ami cleanser! The same stuff you can clean a kitchen sink with! I wouldn't recommend using it on ANYTHING you take pride in....like the vette. It requires a lot of rinsing to make sure the cleanser is gone. I did use it on my old truck windshields however, and they looked brand new when I was done.... /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

1 - 15 of 15 Posts