Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my Z, the previous owner had put stick on letters (backed with foam) in the rear Corvette script. I pulled them off and they left some sticky goo. I have been using a goo be gone type of remover which worked on most of the goo, but it appears that the "R" and "V" might have fallen off and were glued down with something else. There is a hard clear resin in those letters that I can't get off. Anyone have any suggestions on what might work? I was able to pop some off with a small screwdriver, but I am scared to do more than the large bits because I may scratch the paint.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
:zboobie: :zboobie:

You could try 1000 grit sand paper until you are close to having it all removed then switch to 1500 and finish it off. Use water and car wash to lube the paper. To be safe you may want to mask the area around the letter.

Why would you want to put that kind of thing on a Rolls Royce.

D.J.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Try some lighter fluid (Naptha) that may soften the glue. :cheers:

·
Registered
109 Posts
You might not like the sound of it, but paint thinner will take it right off, just make sure to place the rag w/it on there, and not rub aggressivly, it should dilute it enough to eventually lightly wipe it away....I would make sure to clean the area afterwards with a lot of water and apply a coat of wax over it just to be safe...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts