Corvette Z06 Forum banner

GM Announces New Deal...

1K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  Rob1Vet 
#1 ·
AP - Detroit - Today General Motors and North Pole Enterprises (NPE) announced a deal that will help spread Christmas cheer even faster this year.

GM will be providing tuning specialty shop North Pole Enterprises with a 2002 Corvette Z06 to be specially fitted for use by one Kris Kringle, aka Santa.

"The sleigh has worked well for me over the years, but the drop top styling got a bit brisk on cold Christmas Eves" quipped Kris. "I am looking forward to the FRC component of the new "Sleigh", and cannot wait to see what those little tuners at NPE have up their stockings for modifications.

According to GM the styling, power, acceleration, and handling were what caused The Jolly One to choose the Z06, over other competitors, as the base for the new sleigh. "Power to weight ratio, and good old fashioned displacement were the keys, along with the comforts of the Z06 cabin" said an un-named GM official. "We are pleased that we were chosen for such a high profile project and look forward to promoting this the world over"

Eli L. Fuchs, managing director of NPE, was also very excited about the project. "We have been honing our skills on smaller projects for years, and the opportunity to take all that know-how and apply it to such a masterpiece as the Z06 will be a thrill". Fuchs went on to say "The big guy, that's what we call him here in the shop, has always taken care of us and now its our turn to take care of him".

The "sleigh" will have the following modifications done by NPE:

- a set of high performance Yams and long wrapping paper tube headers.
-Bassani Candy cane X-pipes
- The engine enhanced to provide1000 rp (reindeer power, 2 reindeer per horse)
- B&M Ribbon shifter
- Halltech Tick or Treat intake (purchased from Nightmare Before Christmas)
- BorlaThree Wise Men (Tri-Bro) Exhaust
- Fiske Chrome12/25 chrome front skis.
- Goodyear Rear 20" "reindeer Track" SuperCar All Weather treads
- Enahnced ABS systems for those short rooftop landings

Some of the interior and exterior modifications will include:

- A special Rudolph Red paint
- Non-popup Red Headlights, for cutting through that inclement weather.
- Mod Red& Green interior package
- Passenger Seat removed and replaced by map/list table and light
- Special FRC partition finished in color matching wrapping paper
- Glove box replaced with hot cocoa maker
- Special Santa magic to allow all packages into the "trunk space behind the partition (now that's magic)
- Vanity plate - RUDOLPH1

Work is expected to be done soon, with test flights, err drives, being conducted in the northern skies just prior to the big night.

Keep and eye out as we will be following this story and hope to get some spy photos in the near future...

See less See more
#2 ·
Enjoyable. Thanks for sharing. I believe that I'm finally starting to get the spirit.

#6 ·
BOBSZ06 said:
Yep, just what I need! Need to find the dealer to get my deposit down on one of those rigs. :D
Nice - Very timely!
Yeah ... Gonna have to dig into the 401K for one of these!:lol:

#10 ·
AP - North Pole - This spy photo shows the Jolly One having just taken delivery of the base Corvette Z06 prior to turning the car over for modifications to NPE.

The North Pole refused comment on the delivery saying all they recived were parts for toys, but our photo shows Santa got one big toy in this delivery. More details as this story unfolds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.