1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17,744 Posts

·
Banned
809 Posts
Olitho said:
Recently there was a thread extolling the virtues on mainly Hawk and Carbotech brake pads. www.gmpartsdirect.com has Corvette ceramic pads on sale. The web page is at:
http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results.cfm?singlepart=1&partnumber=88909667

Are these pads suitable for the track at DE days for an agressive driver?
:NoNo: :NoNo: You'll stop fine for turn one, but by turn three, you'll be in the weeds. The ceramics are great for street driving because you don't have to repeatedly heavy brake with them, but once you get heat in them, they will fade. Ceramic brakes tend to retain their heat and that's what makes them unsuitable for a track environment.

Sal

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
These GM pads are on sales for prices ranging from $110 to $175 for a full set front and rear. That is about price range for just one set of Carbotechs or Hawks.

I suppose if I want to take up gardening the track infield I can always run a set of these Salvador! :thumb:

Where do you suggest is the best source for Carbotechs if I go with those. I just burned through a set of Hawk HPS+. The Hawks worked fine and no complaints, I just figured I would try something different this time.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I am going to try these
KFP Carbon/Kevlar Gold Magnum Racing Pads
Per the DJWorm.

Was using the expensive Hawks. Noisey things that they are.

·
Banned
809 Posts
Olitho said:
These GM pads are on sales for prices ranging from $110 to $175 for a full set front and rear. That is about price range for just one set of Carbotechs or Hawks.

I suppose if I want to take up gardening the track infield I can always run a set of these Salvador! :thumb:

Where do you suggest is the best source for Carbotechs if I go with those. I just burned through a set of Hawk HPS+. The Hawks worked fine and no complaints, I just figured I would try something different this time.
:rofl: If you want to do some off-roading, buy a set of ceramic brake pads for the track. ;)

GM Parts Direct had a sale a while ago. You could get a set of 4 for about $100 shipped. I have no idea what the prices are now though. $150 for the set sounds about like the normal mail order price. The ceramic pads are great for the street. There is virtually no dust and they are quiet.

As for Carbotech pads, you can either buy them direct or support one of our vendors and buy them through Brian Marks (Redshift) at PFYC.com. You'll end up paying the same price either way. Brian is a helluva nice guy to deal with.

Here's his user info. I'm sure he won't mind if you have any questions for him.

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/member.php?find=lastposter&t=69293

Sal

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am trying out the Carbotech XP9's this time.

And I ordered them from the folks at PFYC.com!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts