Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
NCM Delivery Staff
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GM Corvette Assembly Plant Announcement
For security reasons, the Plant will be closing plant tours as of Thursday,
November 1. This will include all tours at the usual 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. times, as well as all privately booked tours, including the Museum delivery tours. The Plant will not be rescheduling any tours at this time.

The Corvette Plant hopes to be able to reopen tours to the public in
the near future. The plant will be in production, and will only be closing
tours to the public.

Bobbie Jo Lee
NCM Communications Coordinator http://www.corvettemuseum.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are planning on watching your car being produced stay home. No tours what so ever. I know this sounds harsh, but I would hate for someone to travela ll this way, and find out they can not take a look at there car.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I am bummed... my NCM was scheduled for the next day Fri nov 2nd....first 01 wheels; now no plant tour....Hey, GM, you owe me a rebate back~!!!!!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
See also, http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5931

Adam, is there anything that the museum will be doing to make up for this?
I see that at a minimum those of us with Museum Delivery should receive a "voucher" for VIP tours when they reopen. Or perhaps a membership to the museum.
I am majorly bummed about this..

:(
chris

·
Registered
221 Posts
:( Very unhapy with GM.....I complained that I was not getting the value of the RC8 option I paid for......in so many words, they told me the plant tour was not part of the rc8 option, and for me to take this up with my dealer!!!!!Like the dealer can fix this problem.....Chevy customer service is starting off on the wrong foot!!!!I can not believe they do nothing for us disappointed NCM recepients who bought the rc8 i good faith that it included a VIP plant tour.

I support Amercian and I want our Amercian workers to be safe and I understand changes and small sacrifices like this....but why is it safe now thru Oct 31st, but not safe Nov 1st........just venting.......:mad:

Now, I just want my car.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I emailed Judy, she has yet to get back to me. I sent the message to her Tuesday morning at 8 AM.
I too am disappointed, but I keep telling myself that I still get the best part - the car.
Bandit, when do you come into KY next week? Are you flying in Fri morning? Now that our deliveries will be shorter, I don't know if I will be there when you show up to pick yours up. I will shoot you an email early next week to see what your plans are while you are in KY.

chris

·
Registered
221 Posts
ChrisJ,

Plant tour or not, we are still getting kicka$$ cars!! I plant to arrive Bowling Green Friday morning...sometime between 11 and 12. My son and I arrive in Nashville about 945am and drive over in rental car.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I know we're all dissapointed, but remember this: We're still getting a car that will be looked over from front to back many more times than it would have been at the dealership. I've already read about some members driving home and then finding swirl marks or small scratches in the paint. So while I am also dissapointed, if I had known this in advance I would have still ordered the R8C option. IMO, VIP tour or not, it's still worth it.... On the other hand, I'm scheduled for an 8am delivery on Nov 1!!! I think it's a conspiracy theory against me! :D

·
Registered
221 Posts
I happy again!!!!Dont need no darn plant tour!!!Getting a super car!:eek: :lol:

We got 3 EB deliveries over Nov 1 and 2nd.
Cyaford, Chrisj, and me.....are there any other forum members during these 2 days????

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
It would be interesting to get a picture of all three of them.
I have a banner!

chris

·
Registered
298 Posts
chrisj and ZO6BANDIT: I'm sure you guys are going to be coming down I-40W towards Memphis, right? Is so, I may be able to get off of work on Nov 2 and maybe we could meet up at Applebees. That's the only restaurant that's going to be off of I-40 on the west side of Nashville. It's right off of exit 197, less than a mile to be exact. Let me know if you're interested, and I'll find out Monday if I can have that day off. I just hope somebody has a digital camera. :D

·
Registered
221 Posts
Good idea....I game if we could work out the time logistics....I pick up my car after noon....don t know how long it takes to be complete....but I know that ChrisJ will be long done before I get thru.

I got a digital camera! I will watch here for posts to see if this is doable or not!! At the very least we should trade pics of each others car by email if we dont hook up.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I like this idea.
I think we can come up with a plan.
Z06bandit, Judy said that the delivery time was cut down to 2-2.5 hours without the factory tour.
I will shoot you guys an email to see if we can work something out.

chris

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
I'm not sure, but the tour stoppage might be due to the Cadillac testing going on right now.

I'm going to do the R8C delivery on all my future new Vettes. There's nothing like picking up your new Vette at the museum :D

·
NCM Delivery Staff
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Actually guys, I talked to the plant manager, and he said that he has implimented this rule due to the fact several of the employees expressed some concern. He also said, that if the plant workers were to be hurt by terroristic activities, he could not live with that knowing he could have prevented it somehow. 50K visitors visit the plant each year, and that leaves some room for potential problems. Last week we had FFA(Future Farmers of America) stop by, and they had I would say 2K in FFA students schedualed for tours, and they could not cancel them. So this is the real reason. Caddy production is being held in WDC(Workplace Developement Center).

Hope this answers some quesitons.

Adam

·
Registered
298 Posts
HEY ADAM! Are we not allowed to talk about the Caddy we saw at the plant? ;) If so, I'll let you do the talking.............. I mean, it was a public tour.... :D

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Adam, did you get the impression that tours wil resume if the employees feel secure again? Maybe just the R8C tours?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts