Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My order #DPCP2R seems to be an unkown quantity. My dealer says he thinks it is
event coded 1101. Does not seem to know. I called GM customer service and they told me
only a dealer could find out about an order number. The car,02 Z06, was allocated to the dealer as I understand and I took it. Ideas??? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
I'm no roadmap, but I believe event code 1101 means (Order accepted by GM). Hope this helps. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
251 Posts
All 1101 means is that the dealer put your
order in as a preliminary order, and that
the system accepted it. It does not mean
that he has an allocation.

Demand that the dealer print you out an order
detail, which should show the current event
code on the second page, as well as history
of that order, type of order, options, etc.

He can also call DBC and find out status
as of the time of the call.

Good Luck

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the list of event codes, as a matter of fact I faxed them to the salesman. The problem is that he does not seem to know how to or is too busy to find out at what stage
the car is. Is there any other way to find out other than the dealer? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Frankly, JLH, the order entry system is virtually a blackhole. I have been in the same situation as you for nearly two months and have no clue where my order stands. The current dealer network allocation system really sucks, and all but a handful of dealers nationwide seem to be totally in the dark. I don't understand how one of the world's largest corporations, or how ANY company could be so inefficient when it comes to "accepting" customer orders. The factory leadtime seemingly has nothing to do with how early a given customer places an order. An order placed 4 months ago may be no higher in priority than an order placed yesterday. Certain "exclusive" dealers get two or three shipments of cars every week, others get none for months at a time, yet both have "entered" customer orders at the virtually the same time. There absolutely no logic to it. It just plain stinks. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_flaming.gif

·
Registered
151 Posts
Allocation, Allocation, Allocation.
If your dealer has no Z06s coming to him, then neither do you! It's the age old addage: SELL MORE GET MORE! Unfortunately, most dealers won't tell you weather or not they have one coming, they tend to take the order and hope for the best. Just ask anyone on the West Coast waiting for an 02 Z06, or in some cases, an 01 Z06! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

·
Registered
1,058 Posts

On 2001-08-15 01:24, JLH-Z06 spewed forth this drivel:
event coded 1101. Does not seem to know. I called GM customer service and they told me
only a dealer could find out about an order number. The car,02 Z06, was allocated to the dealer as I understand and I took it. Ideas??? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif
JLH,

Call Chevrolet customer service again and tell them you can't get information from your salesman. Ask them to please phone the dealership to speak to the sales manager to find out your order status. When pushed, they will put you on hold and call the dealership to get your status. Good Luck!

jerboa /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The dealer has deliverd one 02 Z06. They told
me they had gotton the next allocation for
them. They told me that this next alloted car
was set to go. I told the dealer I would take
the car, we chose the color etc. Thanks for all the help, we will make it. I have in the past won world wide awards for being the bigest pest on the planet, I may just get another pest award. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Ask your dealer how many Corvettes they sold last year. That's approximately the number they will get this year. Only 20% of that number will be Z06's (roughly). If the dealer is only getting a small number of Z's for the year, you're could be waiting a long time.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts

On 2001-08-15 09:18, jerboa spewed forth this drivel:
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD>Quote:</font><HR NOSHADE SIZE=1 COLOR=AAAAAA></TD></TR><TR><TD><BLOCKQUOTE><B>
On 2001-08-15 01:24, JLH-Z06 spewed forth this drivel:
JLH,

Call Chevrolet customer service again and tell them you can't get information from your salesman. Ask them to please phone the dealership to speak to the sales manager to find out your order status. When pushed, they will put you on hold and call the dealership to get your status. Good Luck!

jerboa /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif
</B></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR NOSHADE SIZE=1 COLOR=AAAAAA></TD></TR></TABLE>

yep.

·
Registered
35 Posts
GM's system needs to be modernized. I do not understand why they just don't make build dates and such available through the web. It can be done very easily, especially being the worlds largest corporation. Or is that the problem, where customers are just a number and income. Our only savior was having Sonny, at the plant. But as of his retirement he has not been replaced. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_flaming.gif I love Corvettes, but part of the experience, for me, was seeing it being built or knowing it's progress. I'm going on my third Corvette and will, as long as I can, purchase one every two years. But the new Viper looks very nice..

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If this dealer lied when they told me they DID have the car allocated to them and I should have it in 8 to 10 weeks from the date of order I will be just a little upset.
Well, more than a little upset. If this does not work I will go to either Max Price or
Kerbeck and do the traveling. The last I heard my salesman says that my order was received in both POMS and VOMS /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif The salesman said the system is updated every Thurs at Midnight. It better show some movement. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_flaming.gif Thanks all, cross your fingers for us.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts

On 2001-08-15 17:54, JLH-Z06 spewed forth this drivel:
If this dealer lied when they told me they DID have the car allocated to them and I should have it in 8 to 10 weeks from the date of order I will be just a little upset.
Well, more than a little upset. If this does not work I will go to either Max Price or
Kerbeck and do the traveling. The last I heard my salesman says that my order was received in both POMS and VOMS /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif The salesman said the system is updated every Thurs at Midnight. It better show some movement. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_flaming.gif Thanks all, cross your fingers for us.
POMS = Production Order Management System
Controls the schedule of the vehicle through the production process.
VOMS = Vehicle Order Management System
A system to let dealers inform GM of what they want to order.

jerboa /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have learned the difference between POMS and VOMS. How could it be both /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif It seems to me that if the dealer had the car allocated to him as he said, it should have been a POMS order acceptance. Right now all I'm trying to do is find out if in fact the car is already allocated to the dealer as he says or is it a smoke screen just to get the order from me. I don't smoke so a smoke screen would not be good /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
4,024 Posts

On 2001-08-15 19:19, JLH-Z06 spewed forth this drivel:
I have learned the difference between POMS and VOMS. How could it be both /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif It seems to me that if the dealer had the car allocated to him as he said, it should have been a POMS order acceptance. Right now all I'm trying to do is find out if in fact the car is already allocated to the dealer as he says or is it a smoke screen just to get the order from me. I don't smoke so a smoke screen would not be good /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
JLH-Z06 If you can get me the dealer in questions BAC # and give me your order # I will see if I can find out what is going with your order.

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My order # is DPCP2R. I do not know what a BAC# is. My dealer is Polar Cheverolet in
White Bear Lake MN
Thanks much
(should have listened to Monica) /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
[/quote]

JLH-Z06 If you can get me the dealer in questions BAC # and give me your order # I will see if I can find out what is going with your order.

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

[/quote]

JLH-Z06 I am sorry to tell you this but your order is still at event code 1100 this means that it has not been accepted by GM and is not a order at this time.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Learned about the "allocated" car. Yes the dealer has a car allocated to them, but, they have not received any info as to when they may be able to actually get the car. They do know they will get one, and then can actually order on that car. As of now, they only know that someday they will get word from GM that the allocation is actually a real car.
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

·
Registered
1,058 Posts

On 2001-08-16 10:49, JLH-Z06 spewed forth this drivel:
Learned about the "allocated" car. Yes the dealer has a car allocated to them, but, they have not received any info as to when they may be able to actually get the car. They do know they will get one, and then can actually order on that car. As of now, they only know that someday they will get word from GM that the allocation is actually a real car.
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif
JLH, the dealers get a forecast report from GM telling them what they will receive over the next several months. This helps them plan sales and orders. Try to find out if your "allocation" is in the forecast that goes through September. If so, it means that one Thusday between now and the end of September the dealer will get a Z06 allocation.

On the other hand, if the allocation is in the annual forecast, you may not see it until as late as April or May of next year.
jerboa /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

1 - 19 of 19 Posts