Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Detroit New reported the following on May 28th:

GM will announce Wednesday that it will ofer all buyers the same discount that employees get, giving consumers nationwide thousands of dollars off the price of every 2995 car or truck except Corvette.

This is a great opportunity for anyone interested in buying a new GM vehicle. As one who follows GM, I find this quite surprising because I can't recall GM ever doing this before.
Am also not surprised Corvette is not included.

For those considering buying a new car or truck and not previously eligible for the GM employee discount, does this new pricing entice you to buy a new GM vehicle?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Zippy said:

GM will announce Wednesday that it will ofer all buyers the same discount that employees get, giving consumers nationwide thousands of dollars off the price of every 2995 car or truck except Corvette.

This is a great opportunity for anyone interested in buying a new GM vehicle. As one who follows GM, I find this quite surprising because I can't recall GM ever doing this before.

For those considering buying a new car or truck and not previously eligible for the GM employee discount, does this new pricing entice you to buy a new GM vehicle?

If we have to wait 990 years for this deal it is worthless for us :guiness: :pp:

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Means sales must be down.

Not tempted myself as we get that deal through the company I work for. Of course, I had to ask if it would apply to the new Z - already knew the answer but had to ask anyway.

·
Registered
252 Posts
If it is in fact the true employee price (not saying it isn't) it is a great deal, but the discount will vary by make and model.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Too bad GM only makes one vehicle I want, the discount does not apply - and I already have one! :)

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Zippy said:

Now you need a Dealer that will honor it. Very few in my area will :cheers:

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
This is not going to be a great deal...They will offer the employee price but will cut out or most of the rebates...GM will NET more money...We will not !!!

Greg

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
If you go GMS there is also no charge for the paper work or prep or any of that other stuff under GMS rules. They try to get 500 bucks for the paper work etc. :z:

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
That is good to know...Thanks...

Greg

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's official. GM announced it today. The employee discount is in addition to current rebates. :cheers:

Zipster :usa: :usa:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I was talking with a local salesman today about the new incentives from GM. More specifically, I was talking about a Z-71 Tahoe. To be honest, I was quite disappointed. The guy told me that the total discount (including rebates) would be approximately $11,000 off MSRP. I don't know about other parts of the country, but around here you can pick up a Tahoe for $11k off any day of the week. Anyone else have a similar experience?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts