Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got quite a shock from my local dealer while doing the paperwork for the delivery of baby blue at BG next week. Dealership made the pitch for committing now to an extended GM warranty. My response was that I will likely consider it a few months prior to the expiration of my standard 36 month coverage. The dealer said: "you can no longer do that, you must decide WITHIN 18 MONTHS OF RECEIVING THE VEHICLE. WTF! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_flaming.gif

Can anyone tell me if this is true?? I will likely keep this car for 4-5 years before going for the next generation C-6 Z06. Believe me, my wife is at least a good a shot as Framk's is! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

As she sez "you may be a lot bigger and stronger than me Bubba, but you gotta sleep sometime, and I 'm patient." /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

·
Registered
619 Posts
I never heard of this before, but I think that you must purchase the extended warranty while the original warranty is still in effect.

Check with other dealer on this. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I'm not sure if there is any difference between the Corvette and any other GM product, but yesterday I bought a new GMC
Z-71 and they told me that I could purchase the extended warranty throughout the duration of my basic warranty.

G

·
Your dealer is smoking you..imho..I just ordered from ken fitchner an extended warranty last week..for my 99..or at least asked him to send me the paperwork..

I do believe it would be even cheaper if you purchased it prior to taking delievery..

My suggestion is to contact Ken Fitchner..406 628 4618

No sales tax either but do it before you take delivery..you will save even more..

How many miles do you anticipate driving in 72 months..What kind of deductible do you want.?

Maybe I can give you some insight to what the charge would be..then you can compare.

G

·
If you wait for after delivery you would probably pay around...1200/1500/1700 for 200/100/0 deductible on 72 month/75K miles..This is just a guess on my part for after delivery pricing...but I think I'm in the ball park..

If I'm off a few dollars don't shoot me..LOL..but I do believe Ken can hook you up the best..

No sales tax either from ken.....

he's a good guy.

The resale value is worth the money as well and you can I believe get a prorated return should you want to...

I'd do it before delivery on a new zo6 from ken..b/f delivery..JMO

Good luck on your new ride.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I just got a 72/75/$200 deductible extended warranty. The cost was $1345. That was Ken's price as well as two other dealers I contacted. (including the dealer that sold me my Z). I had the full breakdown but tossed it after I bought the warranty.

G

·
Interesting..is the price your mentioning where you bought the contract prior to taking delivery..?

I wonder if the zo6 has a different contract price than a C5..?

Either way its a good deal but I would imagine the price would have been lower ordering the warranty prior to delivery..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts