Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have more information on this?

GM sues to recoup $450K in employee discounts
AP
posted: 1 DAY AGO
comments: 0
PrintShare
Text SizeAAA
DETROIT -General Motors Corp. is cracking down on workers and retirees who it says have improperly extended employee discounts to non-relatives and have cost the automaker more than $450,000.
Lawsuits filed by GM say company audits found the discounts had saved buyers anywhere from $1,000 to almost $9,000.
The Detroit News says it isn't clear how many lawsuits have been filed.
The newspapers is reporting Saturday that some of the lawsuits were filed after this month's announcement by GM that it is temporarily extending such discounts to everyone on almost all of its 2008 and some of its 2009 models.
GM spokesman Tom Wilkinson says the timing of the lawsuits and the extended discounts was coincidental. He says that while such uses of employee discounts might have been overlooked in the past, the company now is closely watching its costs.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
As I remember the punishment for improper use of the GM employee discount is the loss of the discount privilege for the offending employee or retiree. I don't know all the rules but I believe active employees are allowed to give 1 authorization to anyone every 6 months but retirees could not.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Instead of figuring out how to run the GM business, GM wants to screw around with this. I find it hard to believe that its ok for GMS to everyone today but we will go after those that used it when it was not correct. GM, get your heads out of your ass and start running a company that is more Customer Friendly. They continue to run GM as tho we were still in the 50's. Its long past time to get correct or just file Bankruptcy and lets get a new Management team in place. Ya know, with al the Common Law marraiges and things like that its going to be really hard for GM to prove something on someone that used a GMs certificate in the past. Just last month I know a dealer that had a GM certificate that was given to them to use by there Zone Rep. I wonder what the story on that was. Forget it GM, Just Run the Business. Who are they going to sue? $450,000 is not a lot of money to sue several insividuals over. Ths cost in attorney fees and paper will exceed the $450,000.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Instead of figuring out how to run the GM business, GM wants to screw around with this. I find it hard to believe that its ok for GMS to everyone today but we will go after those that used it when it was not correct. GM, get your heads out of your ass and start running a company that is more Customer Friendly. They continue to run GM as tho we were still in the 50's. Its long past time to get correct or just file Bankruptcy and lets get a new Management team in place. Ya know, with al the Common Law marraiges and things like that its going to be really hard for GM to prove something on someone that used a GMs certificate in the past. Just last month I know a dealer that had a GM certificate that was given to them to use by there Zone Rep. I wonder what the story on that was. Forget it GM, Just Run the Business. Who are they going to sue? $450,000 is not a lot of money to sue several insividuals over. Ths cost in attorney fees and paper will exceed the $450,000.
The suits, I am sure, are more for future deterrent effect than for the chump change....

·
Premium Member
6,847 Posts
they are giving everyone employee pricing now.. ???

whats the deal.

i think that is bogus

1 - 5 of 5 Posts