Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WAs talking to a friend last week and he was wondering if GM Knew what people were doing to their ZO6, because two ZO6 blew up last week here in AZ could be due to mods or not
......GM knows
who you are and what you did as far as mods..
Because you list them Im not trying to stir
up anything but lets just say that they are not saying no were not watching.. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif
Post edited - scaring people for no reason.

·
Registered
572 Posts
ZOJOE: I don't really understand your post. You made a call to who? About what? What did you get for information?

SAE Torque: 341.6 at 4800 RPM

·
Registered
1,406 Posts

On 2001-08-17 13:28, ZOJOESVET spewed forth this drivel:
WAs talking to a friend last week and he was wondering if GM Knew what people were doing to their ZO6, because two ZO6 blew up last week here in AZ could be due to mods or not
who you are and what you did as far as mods..
----POST EDITED ---- Im not trying to stir
up anything but lets just say that they are not saying no were not watching.. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif
ROTFLMAO

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Hi there,
If I may interject my 02 cents here.
Mods, per definition, cam pertain to any part of the car.
It is our job, as GM representatives to be able to determine if the modifications compromise the quality of the Corvette. Not only in driving comfort, and warranty, but also EPA guidelinesj.
If someone puts on a 150 horse nitrous shot, or a supercharger, or slicks or whatever, they take an inherent risk that the modifications are NOT designed for the car. Meaning that the car was NOT originally designed for that particular modification.
This is a constant battle, as I have to educate my customers to the + and - of a particular modification. If I do NOT, I cannot expect my customer to accept when I tell him that due to a mod, the warranty on that particular component is void.
While this is a few and far between case, it has happened.
Please understand, my job is NOT to be a kill joy, simply to repair a vehicle, per GM guidelines, and in a timely fashion for my customer.
As I always say, I stand and serve, Corvette, and our customers.
Best to all, c4c5

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I'd say GM should follow Ford and layoff some people. Apparently they have more people than they need if they have time to cruise Froums on the Internet, keeping track of their customers. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Who told this anyway?

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
IMO, my new 2002 Z06 is 'hot' enough for me at 405 HP. With no mods I can enjoy the car and don't have to worry about if the warranty will be covered if I have a bunch of mods on the car.

BTW -- GM, if your reading this, please fix the 'rocking chair' seat syndrome on the C5 /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif.

·
Registered
572 Posts

On 2001-08-17 21:48, ZeeOhSix spewed forth this drivel:
BTW -- GM, if your reading this, please fix the 'rocking chair' seat syndrome on the C5 /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif.
Hey GM, if you're reading this to "catch" people with mods, which stretches my beliefs somewhat, then #[email protected]% you /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif And I mean that in the friendliest way possible /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
76 Posts
If they followed this or other corvette sites, how could they prove anything anyway?

BTW, I run a 750 shot of nitrous, twin blowers, no air filter at all, removed the shroud completely, and ran an extension from my intake to the outside of the car, one inch from the ground. I drive in the rain all the time. I figure if I suck water in, I'll just get a new engine under warranty. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Sounds like a little pot stiring to me. Perhaps just to get a reaction? Do your own thing. Lifes too short to worry about the small s**t. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

·
Registered
0 Posts
I am going to give my perspective on this. Take it or leave it!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Some of you know that I do have friends at GM. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif A select few know who they are.

Does GM watch this forum or any other forum to just void peoples warrnties?? Absolutely not!! That thought is absolutely absurd!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Does GM even care what goes on in the forums?? Yes they do!!

I can tell you for a fact that GM has helped a lot of members here and elsewhere. I WILL NOT name anyone that follows the forum out of respect for them and my promise of confidentiality. If I told you who they were, then they couldn't/wouldn't help us anymore. When Ron Mark's transmission went out just days after he recieved his Z06, I can tell you that someone that sometimes frequents the forum had him a new transmission flown in so he could get his Z06 back on the road again. Ask Mark how long it took him to get a new transmission!!

I will let you in on another little tidbit. Those nice sounding exhausts that some of you guys have on your 2002 Z06's....that change came from GM following the forums and wanting to give the true Corvette enthusiasts what they wanted. I know this for a fact as it was discussed with me over dinner last Fall by a friend to the forum!!

Did GM know about the column lock problem and were they trying to correct it?? Yes!! They had known, but it took some time to come up with a viable/workable solution.

So, if anyone thinks GM is "POLICING" the forums just to void warranties, then they have their head stuck in their arse!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_flaming.gif

Many changes that have come about on our beloved Vettes came from watching these forums and listening to what WE wanted in a Vette. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

I'm done ranting!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Big Bro, thanks for the free '02 exhaust! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif FUBU69/LES /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Well spoken, Frank!

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif Happy that GM brought us the awesome Z06, and I thank them for it!

·
Registered
2,388 Posts

On 2001-08-17 23:04, fcalmes spewed forth this drivel:

Many changes that have come about on our beloved Vettes came from watching these forums and listening to what WE wanted in a Vette. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif
That's the way it should be. If GM keeps listening to the Vette owners, then naturally the Vette will become a better and better sports car.

Now damit -- now what about that rocking driver's seat GM? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I too want to say well spoken Frank!! And thank you for sharing some insight concerning GM does follow these forums and care about our thoughts about our cars. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

GOLD72

·
Registered
837 Posts
Listening to customers is smart.

Listening to articulate, experienced customers who write up their critiques and suggestions is very smart.

Thanks, Frank for reminding us of this.

Ranger

·
Registered
631 Posts
Hi Frank

The internet is a great source of ideas and immediate, factual feedback for all manufacturers. I, for one am glad that GM follows the forums and actually implements ideas. That's the best thing any company can do. They are doing a great job handling the Corvette Brand. It's wonderful to see the passion back at Chevrolet. My 2002 sounds absolutely terrific after only a couple of days. There will be no reason to purchase an aftermarket exhaust for most 2002 owners, this one sounds terrific.

The column lock has been dealt with, the brake booster issue has been dealt with, as has the oil consumption fracas - whether you had a burner or not. I opted to sell my 2001 Z06 back to the dealer and have him re-market the car. I got the deal of a lifetime in my opinion. My 2002 is wonderful !

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
I wouldn't call your discertation a rant Frank. If I were GM and wanted to know what my consumers thought about my flagship vehicle, this forum would be the first place I'd look. I think your comments are right on the money. Thanks! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
183 Posts
Frank,

Very well put. I agree with him saying its absurd. Why the hell would GM take time out to try and spy on us to screw up over. They have better things to do with their time /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Well, think of it this way. If your were building these cars and alot of warranty claims where coming in for say blown engines or blown trannies or rear ends, would you wonder if the owner was racing it or putting alot more HP into these cars? If GM builds a car to withstand a certain level of HP and abuse, then people go way beyond that point, why would they look the other way and just pay out on the warranty? It would be in their best finacial interest to know what's going on with some warrnaty claims. Just another perspective. If they are 'spying' or not is unkown, but browsing the forums seems like a good avenue to find out some 'inside' info on how these cars are modified.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts