·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
0-60 3.6 seconds
1/4 mile 11.5 [email protected] trap speed
will have forged pistons now
hood scoop is not currently operational but will be in production models
All engines will be (hot dynoed) and owners will get copys of dyno test if requesed.(hopefully)
power train is mainly built by GM except the tranny

GM drivers were running these Z06s at milford and at the ring to get these results!

I copyed this info off another web site to share!

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Does GM have 1/4 mile at milford or the ring? :-? Just curious??

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
If it's trapping at 128...it should have 460+ at the wheels. :coo:

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Watch out, Case is using those math formulas again. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

case2307 said:
If it's trapping at 128...it should have 460+ at the wheels. :coo:

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Not sure if the Milford PG has a 1/4 mile drag section per se...but they definitely have a looooooooooooooooon straightaway to set up 1,320 foot timers.

Zipster :z: :z:

·
Registered
19,096 Posts

Found this pic in my gallery. You can see the looooooong straightaway at GMPG in the background, just behind the fence.

128! WOW-WEE! :z: And it's made in the USA! :cheers:

Future C6 Zee owner :D :D

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
So it'll do 128 downhill.. ;)

At this rate I may just have to look for a 3 year old 2006 Z06 in 2009.. :p

But it will need to have an C5 FRC style profile...

·
Premium Member
3,774 Posts
curvesman said:
0-60 3.6 seconds
1/4 mile 11.5 [email protected] trap speed
will have forged pistons now
hood scoop is not currently operational but will be in production models
All engines will be (hot dynoed) and owners will get copys of dyno test if requesed.(hopefully)
power train is mainly built by GM except the tranny

GM drivers were running these Z06s at milford and at the ring to get these results!

I copyed this info off another web site to share!
I agree with Case.

IF these are the numbers.. then the car is underrated.

Heads and Cam cars with 450rwhp are hitting 125mph traps.

Lets just hope this is true :) either way, slap on a few mods and you have yourself one hell of a beast.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Big time numbers for the General. :coo:

·
Registered
179 Posts
As a justa jab from the greatest of all time Corvette. This Z will awesome the non Corvette fan.
I feel so darn fortunate to see this neat Corvette, and look so foward to scarin the shit outa myself driving it.
As a old fart drivin some of the fastest, this one is special.
Can't wait for my Black B--ch Z'06.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
2002Z06Yellow said:
Its hard to belive this stuff without a source!
I agree. I would never believe these figures until i see them on paper by a major mag or something of that sort. What web site did you get that from?

·
Registered
581 Posts
It has a fatter power curve than a heads and cam car. Typical head and cam cars power peak a few hundred revs under the redline and have 10% or so power drop on a shift. It looks like the LS7 peaks 800 rpm below the redline and has virtually no power drop on a shift.

Net, more average HP in the LS7.

However, I would like to see more evidence about the validity of this post. A change in pistons this late in the game seems unlikely. And opened or not, what would that stupid hood scoop do?

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Here is the rest of the post from CF

"Its the Porsche Turbo they are looking to kill with this car. Yes, the Ford GT was important to GM --- but since production of it was so limited --- they didn't specifically target that car. And the Viper ... they feel the new vette can take care of it also.

AND PRICE ..... could tell you ... but, no one would believe me ... so I won't even go there.

Seriously, it hasn't been set yet ... but, lets just say they are starting to think of an average # between the low and high $$$ floating around in the press/forums"

And here is my reply on CF

"Oh, and one more thing. You say (Or you heard) that this car was targeting the Turbo and the Viper. Are you talking about the 996 TT or the possible 997 TT? The reason why I ask this is because if it is indeed the 996 TT, then why would they make a car that traps 12 more mph than the Turbo to beat it? They could have built a car that traps at 120 to beat the Turbo. Also, they believe it will "take care" of the Viper?? At 128 mph traps, I think the car will do a lot more than just "take care" of it. This all sounds fishy to me."

·
Registered
179 Posts
Zlicious said:
Here is the rest of the post from CF

"Its the Porsche Turbo they are looking to kill with this car. Yes, the Ford GT was important to GM --- but since production of it was so limited --- they didn't specifically target that car. And the Viper ... they feel the new vette can take care of it also.

AND PRICE ..... could tell you ... but, no one would believe me ... so I won't even go there.

Seriously, it hasn't been set yet ... but, lets just say they are starting to think of an average # between the low and high $$$ floating around in the press/forums"

And here is my reply on CF

"Oh, and one more thing. You say (Or you heard) that this car was targeting the Turbo and the Viper. Are you talking about the 996 TT or the possible 997 TT? The reason why I ask this is because if it is indeed the 996 TT, then why would they make a car that traps 12 more mph than the Turbo to beat it? They could have built a car that traps at 120 to beat the Turbo. Also, they believe it will "take care" of the Viper?? At 128 mph traps, I think the car will do a lot more than just "take care" of it. This all sounds fishy to me."
Well not to quote the current market value of Chilian Sea Bass.
A trap speed questionable. And for sure must agree the Viper is the target for a local threat to the Corvette Blitzkrieg Z'06.
And the Porsche as an after thought.
From a marketing thought, the Porsche is not a threat, the Viper is.
Anemic high priced Porsche has never been a threat, only Factory preped race cars.
Ferrari, Lamborgini, and Aston Martin, also not involved with this threat to Corvette.
Limited production exotic cars will stand as what they are and the General will not attempt to make a like platform, and could as the Cien is a GT Ford killer, and a fresh design not a (golly we were great it the '60's).
Must say questionable performance figures for the new Z. But this is a benchmark Corvette as its admiration and performance will pass all performance test of all of its predicessors with ease.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
GNX Guy said:
Watch out, Case is using those math formulas again. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm hell with a calculator! :pp: :lol:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Waiting to see this on paper with GM's stamp on it. That trap speed would be sweet! :guiness:

1 - 20 of 107 Posts