Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the 1st bad experience with service at a GM Dealer. I went in for a routine service at Rydell Chevrolet in Van Nuys, CA as I always do. Even though I manage a dealership down the street, I purchased my Z at Rydell, bought the GM Extended Warranty, and service the car exclusively at Rydell as it is looked at upon the corporate offices as a loyal client relationship if there are any warranty concerns as with any make of vehicle. I went in and had a couple of warranty issues to take care of as my car stays pristine. The right seat bottom leather cover leather is hard and cracking, steering wheel leather is peeling and the parking brake handle leather is peeling. Simple trim item replacement. These items were denied and I was told this is considered to be normal wear according to the service manager. This is bullshit. The service consultant is great, espicially considering that he used to work for me a few years ago. This was out of his hands though. I called GM Corporate and they said they would get back with me, but still haven't. This is BULLSHIT! I just wanted to vent here as I am going to take this as far as need be inorder to get the issue resolved. I would never treat my clients like this. If it was due to an outside influence, I would understand, but this is definitely a manufacturer defect.
Has any other vette owners had this same experience? I want as many people as possible here in the socal area to speak out so all this(SOFT TRIM WARRANTY B/S)can be resolved.
Thanks,
Joshua E. Jacob

·
Registered
57 Posts
try other dealerships. the rear window defroster clip broke off my '04 Z, and to fix it would require changing the whole window. well, my normal dealership said it was my fault it broke and they wouldn't do anothing. i took it to another dealership which said no problem. i'm sure you will find one eventually which will do it.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could do that, but is so damn inconveinent as I work down the street and they just come and pick up my vehicle while I am work and deliver it at the end of the day. It is more principal than anything. Considering how loyal I am with purchase, service and all, it just pisses me off, but I may have to do this. I plan on making it miserable for them in the process just on the principal issue though.

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
If a GM insider can't get quality service, what hope do us mere mortals have?

I hope Nissan and Renault know what they would be getting into if they bought into GM ;) :p

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
RC45 said:
If a GM insider can't get quality service, what hope do us mere mortals have?

I hope Nissan and Renault know what they would be getting into if they bought into GM ;) :p
:lol:

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
How many miles on the car? Is it out of the 3/36 warranty? If so, check what your extended warranty says about the interior. My extended warranty, a GM extended warranty, on the 02 I had listed what interior parts were not covered and considered normal wear, seat coverings was one of the items.
I used Lexol leather conditioner on the interior of my car and never had the problems you describe.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The car is a 2004 model with 24000 miles and I also use Lexol, so the vehicle is still under factory warranty. I am just going to be a dick about it to Rydell and make them miserable till they do something about it. That always works with our clients and now that I am on the other end of the stick, I hate to do it, but they pissed me off so I am going to do the same. Maybe I will go see the GM tomorrow afternoon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts