Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'll be purchasing an extended warranty for the Z very soon, but after looking over the documents on www.gmprotectionplan.com and comparing the Major Guard to the Value Guard, it appears to me that the only thing the MG has that the VG doesn't is road service benefits. Can anyone shed some light on the difference between the two plans?

*EDIT* The documents can be found on the website by clicking on "Our Products," then the "more" button under each plan. The actual agreement is at the bottom of the page.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
If your gonna do an extended warranty - Go Major IMHO. Also, shop around for policy pricing - check with different dealerships such as Fichtner, for their price quotes..

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been talking to Jason at Ross Downing, he's got the best prices I've found. I did get some quotes from Fichtner too.

The price isn't bad at all for a 60-month 60,000 mile warranty. I was expecting about twice what it's costing. Jason also cleared up the fact that the GMPP warranties start from the date of purchase, not when the car was new, which allows me to get a lot more coverage. :)

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
One more benefit of an extended warranty - it is transferrable to a prospective buyer of your car, should you decide to sell it before the extended warranty expires. Believe me, that is a very big selling point - your prospective buyer has the assurance of a warranty!! :coo:

·
Registered
844 Posts
I purchased a major Guard Policy just today from Jason. He is the only way to go and I also went with the Major Guard. As they say with all these new complicated cars-pay me now or pay me later. :guiness:

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
For the couple hundred dollar difference, why would you even think about it? If you have no plans in modding the car, then go for it. If you plan on going crazy,forget the warranty.

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
NewFoundPower said:
I'll be purchasing an extended warranty for the Z very soon, but after looking over the documents on www.gmprotectionplan.com and comparing the Major Guard to the Value Guard, it appears to me that the only thing the MG has that the VG doesn't is road service benefits. Can anyone shed some light on the difference between the two plans?

*EDIT* The documents can be found on the website by clicking on "Our Products," then the "more" button under each plan. The actual agreement is at the bottom of the page.
I plan on purchasing the best coverage I can afford when I get the new Z. If you don't mind could you tell us what kind of quotes you are receiving?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ended up purchasing the Major Guard from Jason. With the price of the warranty and the insurance it provides, there really isn't any reason not to buy one. Thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
127 Posts
But how do they treat aftermarket parts?

Yes I know the laws.

I guess what I really mean is.......how much resistance do they put up? :guiness:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jjm said:

Yes I know the laws.

I guess what I really mean is.......how much resistance do they put up? :guiness:
I wish I could tell you about the aftermarket thing, but all I was told is that it depends on the dealership. I know that no aftermarket parts will be covered, but as far as a modification voiding part of a warranty, I am still clueless. Personally, I don't have any plans for any mods right now, but time will tell. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Even if you did mod it, the warranty would still cover all the electronics; which would be unaffected by increaseing power. That alone should make it worth it.

·
Registered
229 Posts
the day your gmpp major guard starts is the day your original new car warranty ends.which is why i am glad i waited untill i had only 2 weeks left on the factory warranty.that part a lot of people don't know.if you extent the warranty 4 years the day you buy the car new you get a full 7 years.if you extend the warranty later for 4 years for example 2 years and 6 months into the original warranty you get a total of 6 and one half years warranty.i talked to gm about that because i think that is stupid because that 6 months that was paid for is lost.they say it is figured into the price of the gmpp but i don't think so.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the positive feedback. If anyone needs a quote just give me a call at 800-417-5162 or 225-324-7327.

Right now we are dealing with this whole hurricane issue but if you call me on my cell I can still give you a quote.

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
4,332 Posts
c5discounts said:
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the positive feedback. If anyone needs a quote just give me a call at 800-417-5162 or 225-324-7327.

Right now we are dealing with this whole hurricane issue but if you call me on my cell I can still give you a quote.

:cheers:
I'll probably will give you a call tomorrow. :jammin:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts