Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any advice on getting an alignment done on my '04 Z? Should I just let the dealer put it back to standard specs or is there a better setup etc? I can't believe that it needs an alignment at 8k miles but the front end is pretty damn squirrely, and other than missing a right front wheel balancing weight (assumption) i can't figure out what caused it to get out of alignment...

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
IMO go with stock settings. Now is the time to lower it if you haven't already. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
gresch said:
Any advice on getting an alignment done on my '04 Z? Should I just let the dealer put it back to standard specs or is there a better setup etc? I can't believe that it needs an alignment at 8k miles but the front end is pretty damn squirrely, and other than missing a right front wheel balancing weight (assumption) i can't figure out what caused it to get out of alignment...
I had them align mine the first time when it had less miles on it than you have. I stood there while the guy did it and he showed me what he adjusted. And by the way it was free. I made up some kind of story to have them align it. It was out but only by a small amount.

D.J.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Stock settings.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OneQuickCoupe said:
I had them align mine the first time when it had less miles on it than you have. I stood there while the guy did it and he showed me what he adjusted. And by the way it was free. I made up some kind of story to have them align it. It was out but only by a small amount.

D.J.

how long did it take?

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
gresch said:
jeeez, according to the dealer it takes 2.5 hours! WTF! :bmad:
That's funny :lol:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
IT L GO said:
That's funny :lol:

I just called 2 more dealers including Kerbeck and they both said 2 hours... a 3rd dealer said take it to a tire shop because they (the dealer) don't have the equipment to an alignment....

what a mess

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
I've had mine done twice, Once after hitting a piece of Concrete on the Highway which took out the Front and rear passenger tires and then when I lowered it. Both times it was needed and I believe took around an Hour...
I stayed with the Stock settings...

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
gresch said:
I just called 2 more dealers including Kerbeck and they both said 2 hours... a 3rd dealer said take it to a tire shop because they (the dealer) don't have the equipment to an alignment....

what a mess
Maybe what they are quoting you is 2 hour's shop Labor not how long it actually takes them. Watch how fast they do it at the Bowling Green assembly plant. I'm sure the process is not as exact at the plant (should be). They take about 2 minutes. :eyes:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
gresch said:
ok, so other than the freebie that ITLGO talked his way into, what is a fair price for an alignment?

Thanks
That wasn't me that got the freebie. Going rate is 80.00 (low)to 150.00 (high) :cheers:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Had mine done at Ruf Porsche in Addison.. I think it was 150 -160.

Chris

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
gresch said:

what a mess
:lol: :screwy:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
quick update:

I stopped by the local GoodYear/Gemini shop and it turned out that the RF wheel was off balance by .25oz on the inside and .5 on the inside. I hope that fixes the "darting".

Better news is that they do 4 wheel alignments and have done a bunch of vettes... the cost? $59!!!! If I had an hour and a half to spare I would have had it done just for the hell of it, I couldn't believe the price.

So if anyone needs an alignment, you might want to check with your local Good Year store.

Thanks for everyone's help and suggestions.

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
gresch said:
quick update:

I stopped by the local GoodYear/Gemini shop and it turned out that the RF wheel was off balance by .25oz on the inside and .5 on the inside. I hope that fixes the "darting".

Better news is that they do 4 wheel alignments and have done a bunch of vettes... the cost? $59!!!! If I had an hour and a half to spare I would have had it done just for the hell of it, I couldn't believe the price.

So if anyone needs an alignment, you might want to check with your local Good Year store.

Thanks for everyone's help and suggestions.
Hey Gresch, Can you PM the name and town of the Shop you went to? Thanks....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts