Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am able to put my 13" diameter staff bag in the back along with my shoes, briefcase, laptop and a travel bag. I put the shoes in the left side "hole", the brief case and laptop in the center "hole". The bag fits horizontally across the back and you can fit a travel bag further up between the golf bag and seats. Everything fits well below the trunk line so your view is not obstructed. The only limitation that I can see is if you use one of those "old-guy" long putters, then you will have to take it out of the bag.
I haven't tried it myself, but I imagine you should be able to fit 2 bags in the back. Just be careful putting them in and getting them out. I make sure I do the loading and unloading to be on the safe side. Good luck. Drive em both straight and long.

------------------
QuickSilver with red/black interior, chromatic mirrors,
memory package and Lloyd Z06 mats

·
Registered
87 Posts
All kinds of room...clubs, skydiving gear, suit cases, beer...now just need time off to go somewhere...

------------------

DOUGLAS PERRY

2001 BLACK/BLACK Z06
CHROME OEM Z06 WHEELS
Z06 TRIC/COBRA CARBON FIBER PACKAGE, CAGS ELIM.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I really don't know if they fit or not. I never understood chasing a little white ball around a big cow pasture!!

I can tell ya that a small dog bed, 2 Poodles and a suitcase fit nice back there though.

------------------
Frank Calmes Quicksilver 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, B&B PRT's with Speedway Tips, Ripper Shifter with Momo Knob, Chrome Z06 Wheels

Sherylann Calmes Black 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, Chrome Z06 Wheels

[email protected]

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Frank:

I'm with you 100% on that golf thingie....boring. For fun...how about a day on a 90mph roller coaster, or maybe a 3 day Bragg-Smith hi-performance driving class? Never got into golf, tennis, basketball, or knitting. All boring.

Zippy

------------------

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I got my car Friday, Oct 13, and the snow started to fly seriously on Nov 13, so I had to park the car for the winter.

I park the car in my mother-in-laws heated garage, which I haven't visited since Nov 13, so I never got to see if a set of golf clubs, and a full sized bag would fit in the trunk. Anyone know?

------------------
Pictures of my 2001 Z06 Corvette

My homepage

·
Registered
347 Posts
Appologies are in order here. I meant to offend no one. In this medium, dry humor can easily be taken as personal attack.

I live on two acres on the 12th hole at Tour 18. I have nothing against golf. If any of my Z06 brethren play golf, then I will make no more negative comments about golf clubs in the trunk.

It's just that when Chevrolet discontinued the Corvette at the end of 1996, and put all of their effort into building a two seat Firebird, I never really got over it...

And when they tried to convince me that I should forsake my C4 because it would not hold golf clubs, it was just too much...

I'll be nice, now.

------------------
Red/ModRed Z06
24Jan01

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Frank C,

Wait a minute... You don't get golf, but you DO get poodles?!

(I've seen a pic of at least one of those poodles, and I can tell you that that thing'd be going right in the lefthand cargo compartment -- with a lid on it!

Seriously, though... I'm glad to know that the clubs fit in the trunk. Nothing like chasing that little ball around with friends. And to arrive in style in a yellow Z06? Priceless.

(Now if only I could spend more time chasing the ball onto the GREEN, and less time in the woods, I'd be a happier camper!)

-Kirk

------------------
2001 Z06
MY w/Black
Memory, Mirrors, Mats, and Moldings!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Golf Clubs... Heck C5David put a bike in his trunk

>>C5David wrote:
The other day I decided to ride my bike to the Chevy dealer to pick up my Z06 (18 miles away). After paying for my oil change, I leaned by bike (All Titanium & Carbon Fiber) next to my quick-silver Corvette. I should have taken a picture, as they were both the same color.
Anyway, a crowd of people gathered in disbelief - "could this road bike actually fit in the trunk of a Z06?" was the question they were all asking. Well I never actually tried it before, so I was a bit nervous. After quick-releasing both wheels, the frame fit in the trunk like they were made for each other, and the two wheels rested nicely on top. I hopped in and took off.

So yes, whether you're golfing or bike riding, your Z06 can fit your lifestyle.

Though I must say, it is incredibly difficult to drive a C5 smoothly with Look road bike shoes on (big clips on the bottom of my shoes). I almost stalled as I took off...

[This message has been edited by C5David (edited 02-15-2001).] >>

------------------
Kevin D.
T/R Z06 with mod Red/Black Interior.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Driving the Z, and playing golf....thats my life now!

From greenside, Birdie Bob says "Fore Comin Thru"

------------------
2001 Torch Red/Mod TR Z06

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1520566&a=11496079
Zaino,CAGS defeat,Lloyds Z06 front/cargo mats,CAU decals,Z06 exhaust plate,Valentine 1/remote,BP Al Gas Pedal,power antenna,Dynamat Super interior,K&N air filter/open stock cover,Z06 TR Vette Rest,A&A frame savers;DS Trunk Lid Insert.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
I too admit I am not flaming any one who likes golf. That's cool, just not for me.

No flames intended.
keep smilin!

Zippy

Red/Black Z (without golf clubs in trunk)

------------------

·
Registered
34 Posts
I used to think golf was silly too until a buddy essentially forced me to play one day.

It's actually a hoot! You get to hang out outdoors, shoot the bull and drink some beers. Added bonus, 4+ hours of escape from the SO!

------------------

·
Registered
601 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BOBSZ06:
Driving the Z, and playing golf....thats my life now!

From greenside, Birdie Bob says "Fore Comin Thru"

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here.

------------------

2001 Torch Red Z06

·
Registered
347 Posts
From 1997 until the Z06, all I heard was golf clubs in the back, civilized, women can get in and out... Boy, oh boy... Just the reasons I drove a Vette...

Cost Chevrolet at least one, probably two Vette sales...

I am really disappointed to know that golf clubs will fit in the back of my Z06... I wasn't going to tub it, but this sure makes me think...

------------------
Red/ModRed Z06
24Jan01

·
Registered
87 Posts
Head down track @ 300 MPH...

------------------

DOUGLAS PERRY

2001 BLACK/BLACK Z06
CHROME OEM Z06 WHEELS
Z06 TRIC/COBRA CARBON FIBER PACKAGE, CAGS ELIM.

G

·
0 Posts
Golf clubs? A funny story....... My wife and I were in Ojai, CA a few weeks ago and we saw this great deal on two nightstands for our bedroom. We bought them and stuffed them into our rental car (Aurora) and when we went to a Pak-Mail place we called Delta and they said we could check them for free and they would fly them home with us.

After we committed to this, I realized we had left the Z06 at the Atlanta airport and to my surprise, out of their boxes, both fit with our luggage to boot. There is a lot of space back there if you go after it from the cabin and not the hatch.

------------------
'01, Z06, Millenium Yellow (electrochromics, BSMs, magnetic oil plug, cargo net,and velcro'd accessories), Everyday driver (such a treat to drive Automobile's car of the year!)

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fcalmes:
I really don't know if they fit or not. I never understood chasing a little white ball around a big cow pasture!!

I can tell ya that a small dog bed, 2 Poodles and a suitcase fit nice back there though.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's strange I thought most old people liked to play golf.

------------------
Carl V. *****Authorized Zaino Distributor*****
Huntingdon Valley, PA.** 2000 Magnetic Red Convertible **
MN6,F45,QF5,AQ9,AG2,CJ2,T96,B34,AAB,UN0,U1S,JL4,UV6,T82,N37
** Corvette Club of Delaware Valley **

www.hcvind.com
E-Mail: [email protected]

·
Registered
0 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hcvone:
That's strange I thought most old people liked to play golf.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're only as old as you feel, and right now I feel about 90.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts