Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Got all my stuff for my new brake setup and got my plugs/wires. Ill be installing everything on sunday so ill let everyone know how they feel after the install and ill include some more pics. So far heres the breakdown of where i got everything and what i paid.

Rotors:
Hawk HPS Pads: www.tirerack.com Paid $151 shipped (got here next morning!)
Motul 600 Brake Fluid:
Goodridge SS Brake Lines: www.thelapd.com Paid $98 shipped
Magnecore KV85 Wires: www.lingenfelter.com Paid $63.95 shipped
NGK TR55XI Plugs:

** Edited by mdickie **

sorry in advance to the mods if you dont want me posting where i got the stuff from since most are not supporting vendors, i just know thats usually the first questions asked when someone gets something new. Please feel free to edit as necessary and sorry if this is not allowed.

Dave

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Nice list of stuff. Have fun and I'll be looking out for a review.

Alex

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Good list of stuff :ity:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
If I were looking for wires and I decided to get Magnecor... are these the ones I would get if the car is very close to stock?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Oooo...nice lookin' kit. Be sure to post pics of the finished product.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ZO6 AL-X said:
If I were looking for wires and I decided to get Magnecor... are these the ones I would get if the car is very close to stock?

Thanks in advance.

These wires will work well with a stock vehicle. Ive used magnecore wires on almost all my different cars stock and modified and never had any problems with them. Ive also gotten a general census from other board members that the NGK's and Magnecores are a great combo for a stock or modded C5/Z06

Dave

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Nice looking Goodies :thumb: Pics and a heads up on the results.

Jack

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
rotors will be great for on the street only :jammin:

be aware of the Hawk pads-I know my Hawk blue's are a MESS to clean off the wheels AND on my paint. The HP+ were not quite as bad, but still left a 'glue-like' residue that just is almost impossible to get off.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Brake mods are fun... don't waste your money on Magnecor's unless you stockers are messed up, you won't get any gains. I have a set that's been in the box for a long time. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah im gettin up there in the mileage so i figured it would be time to do plugs and wires since SCCA season is coming up in the next few weeks. Better safe than sorry, and with the price i paid for the wires i got them about $20 cheaper than the OEM set so i figured what the hell, theyve never let me down before.

Dave

·
Registered
573 Posts
Looks like you will be busy this weekend.

Can you post a few more pics, I didn't really get a good enough look at what parts you are using. j/k! :rofl:

Sorry, I could not resist.

Good luck with the install, sounds like fun. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts