Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how does this deal sound: 03 silver/blk Z w/ 8xxx miles, corsa pace exhaustw gtr tips, chrome wheels, and extended warranty for $41,500. is this a good deal?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Sounds about 4-5K too high. :jawdrop:

Mike.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
35 to 36G's IMO :z:

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
ninepoint5 said:
how does this deal sound: 03 silver/blk Z w/ 8xxx miles, corsa pace exhaustw gtr tips, chrome wheels, and extended warranty for $41,500. is this a good deal?
Cory

Make an offer of $36,000 and see where they come back at. Remember the 03 at Roger's with 1800 miles for $39000 we talked about. You can do better than 41K for an 03, especially with 8K on the clock. Be patient, i know it's easy for me to tell you, but you will find a better deal.

Good Luck
Jack

·
Registered
141 Posts
ninepoint5 said:
Sounds like someone is trying to take advantage of you.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
gsjack said:
Cory

Make an offer of $36,000 and see where they come back at. Remember the 03 at Roger's with 1800 miles for $39000 we talked about. You can do better than 41K for an 03, especially with 8K on the clock. Be patient, i know it's easy for me to tell you, but you will find a better deal.

Good Luck
Jack
hey jack, i emailed rogers and told them about a previous customers experience at there dealership. i mentioned that i was told that i can literally buy a car sight unseen and be guaranteed that it is the cleanest around. so i made them an offer on the 03 you were just talking about and i am waiting to here back from them. so thought i would let you know where i stand as of now. thanks again jack, cory

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Not a good deal at 41K...I say 37 is tops. :cheers:

·
Registered
5 Posts
ninepoint5 said:
hey jack, i emailed rogers and told them about a previous customers experience at there dealership. i mentioned that i was told that i can literally buy a car sight unseen and be guaranteed that it is the cleanest around. so i made them an offer on the 03 you were just talking about and i am waiting to here back from them. so thought i would let you know where i stand as of now. thanks again jack, cory
If your talking about Rogers Corvettes out of Orlando, FL your are absolutly right. About 3yrs ago we bought a 1996 Grand Sport from him and sight unseen and had it delivered to West Lafayette, IN. Was in MINT condition. Great place to deal with. I am now int he market for a Z06 and will be buying that from him as well!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BezersSLPSS said:
If your talking about Rogers Corvettes out of Orlando, FL your are absolutly right. About 3yrs ago we bought a 1996 Grand Sport from him and sight unseen and had it delivered to West Lafayette, IN. Was in MINT condition. Great place to deal with. I am now int he market for a Z06 and will be buying that from him as well!
hey thanks for the great feedback. i hope to strike up a deal on the 03 blk/blk soon w/ rogers. thanks again, it makes me feel alot better. :cheers:

·
Registered
882 Posts
Realistically, with the chrome wheels (GM? or China), Corsa and the warranty, the dealer will look for $38k to $39k. That mileage on a 2 year old southern car is nothing -- car should be like new. If it is a one owner, so much the better. Run a Carfax just to be sure of its condition. :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
ninepoint5 said:
hey thanks for the great feedback. i hope to strike up a deal on the 03 blk/blk soon w/ rogers. thanks again, it makes me feel alot better. :cheers:
No problem, the best of luck to you getting the Z06 you want. Two years ago I made a trip to FL for spring break and stopped by Rogers and talked to the man himself. One thing he said is that he RARELY comes off his listed price at all, and if he does not by much. All his cars are mint and he knows they are worth what he is asking. Just something to keep in mind. Best of luck!

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
It's a damn shame how the market has dropped on our Z's. You pay a fair dollar new and add $10k plus in mods.....and look to lose your rear end if you have to sell! :flaming: :cen: Glad I intend to keep mine forever. :thumb:

Bob

·
Registered
882 Posts
Let's put another perspective on the used Z purchase.

Let's say a new Z is $75k out the door (if you could find one at that price). Instead of buying this used Z out the door for $40k (assuming tax and license included), you could put down the same amount in cash on the new Z. That leaves $35k -- lets assume $38k to be financed. With a 4 year note at 6% interest (yes we can get less over longer, but again, this is just to start us thinking), your paying $892 per month for 48 months. Read that again. $40,000 out of your pocket and 4 years paying $892 a month. :(

DAMN :flaming:

I be thinking that the used pricing of the C5s may be getting a bit stiffer once people start looking at reality. I still remember paying 33k for my C4 thinking, "I must be out of my :cen: mind!" :cry:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts