Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was bleeding brakes for track day after putting new calipers on and the reservoir got too low introducing lots of air into system. I have a feeling I need the abs flushed to rid the air. I'm in puyallup and need a trustworthy shop who has a tech2 and knows what they are doing and isn't to far from me. Thanks!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Tech2 ABS issues

I was bleeding brakes for track day after putting new calipers on and the reservoir got too low introducing lots of air into system. I have a feeling I need the abs flushed to rid the air after a soft pedal experience at the track even after i bleed the brakes twice. I'm in puyallup wa area and need a trustworthy shop who has a tech2 and knows what they are doing and isn't too far from me. Thanks!

Multiple threads are not allowed. Threads merged...

·
21,340 Posts
You shouldn't need a Tech 2 to bleed the brakes. The only time you would need a Tech 2 is if the ABS module was removed, then you would have air in the modulator portion. Bleed the brakes the way you normally would.

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
Just to be safe, after bleeding the brakes normally, find a deserted road and make several stops hard enough to activate the anti-skid, then refill and bleed again.

·
Premium Member
1,961 Posts
Just to be safe, after bleeding the brakes normally, find a deserted road and make several stops hard enough to activate the anti-skid, then refill and bleed again.
If you do this, do it in the rain. Easier to get into the ABS and easier on the tires. I think it's a good practice to get used to the car under full ABS lockup for when you really need to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts