Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Moving to the Mile High City and I am seeking advice as to who is a good shop for my land jet. :jammin:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Peter at Dragon Race Engineering in Broomfield is the best tuner in the area. They've got a Mustang Dyno and have done lots of 427s and S/C applications. They've also got a widebody C5 showcar they're building that's pretty cool.

Tony J.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Welcome to the land of big mountains and snow the last week of April. I can't believe I autocrossed my car last weekend, and it is stuck in the garage because of snow this weekend.

What part of the Denver area are you going to end up?

I have heard generally good things about Dragon Race. There are a few vette shops in Denver, but the stories about them are not great.

I haven't had need of a tuner yet, so I have no first hand experience with them.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I took a quick tour through Vette Connections last year on my way to see the Braves - Rockies series, which we watch every year, and did not like the looks of things. They might be great tuners, but they had too many cars crammed into a tight area. So, I thought there would be too much coincidence of damaging the car. Other than that, I do not know.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Yea Man, stay away from Corvette Connection :flaming:
IMHO rich is :cen: rip off

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Denver bound

Rumor has it we will be moving into Centennial, which used to be an unincorporated area called "Saudi Aurora," in the vicinity of Smoky Hill HS. :yeadog:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Peter at Dragon did some Trans work on my 383 car it was done ok but about 3 wks late. They had just move to a new shop and it was a mess. I would hope it is better kept now. Peter is a great guy to talk to and seems to have a lot of knowledge. Currently I am using a guy in Scottsbluff, NE he has a 427 car and seems to do good work they just worked on my 427 car and the motor is now @ MTI cracked sleeve. Very neat and clean shop. His # is 308-635-7404 ask for Mike Valentine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts