Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just called to order the SS lines win -3AN fittings, and VB&P said that the lines ccome with BOTH fittings (banjo and -3AN)? Is that corect? Do you need to switch fittingsd after receiving them? Is this difficult? Does someone sell then ready to go?

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
I paid $99 for mine on ebay.

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
Mine came with the 3AN fittings. If you get the bango fittings swap them out. They can leak.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
I bought my Goodridge SS lines from Mallett for about $150 or so and they came with the 3AN fittings installed, no banjo fittings, and installed just fine. They have a season and a half on them at this point with no problems. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
BQuicksilver said:
So is converting the lines from banzo to -AN a major procedure? Could this be done at home?
No problem, just unscrew bolt holding the banjo fitting on and reinstal the 3AN fitting. You may want to check the torque setting or have a brake shop do it if you feel more comfortable.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I am in the process of replacing my caliper pistons and installing the Goodridge brake lines. Someone (Speedpup, I think) said that their rear lines were under tension when the suspension was unloaded. I am observing the same thing.

I was toying with the idea of adding a solid 90 degree elbow to the existing brake line to save the SS lines from that short radius bend. But I would have to get real lucky that everything would line up properly when tightened down. Has anyone tried this or any other solution that relieves the tension on the rear lines?

Another question for the T1 guys. How often do you replace the dust boots on your calipers? It seems that they would see an awful lot of heat being that close to the rotors/pads.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
The -3AN connectors I was referring to and the ones Mallett uses on their Goodridge lines ARE 90 degree fittings. I thought that was pretty obvious as the Banjo connector you are replacing is basically a 90 degree connector. They can also have an oblique angle back space to aid the line in the rear with wider wheel.

The early VB&P lines were noted to be too short. I have heard they corrected this.

·
Registered
377 Posts
DJ,

I was talking about putting a 90 at the other end of the brake lines. On the rears, the hard lines terminate facing up. This is where the large end on the SS lines are connected. With the suspension unloaded, the SS line is forced into a tight radius bend before it makes its way to the rear caliper.

And, yes I got my lines from VB&P, but just last month.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
kmagvette said:
Another question for the T1 guys. How often do you replace the dust boots on your calipers? It seems that they would see an awful lot of heat being that close to the rotors/pads.
My dust boots get changed annually when I put on new calipers... :D

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
kmagvette said:
DJ,
And, yes I got my lines from VB&P, but just last month.
So are the newer ones long enough or not?

DJWorm, sorry I'm likely asking some remedial questions, but I can't get under the car until the weekend, so I'm asking questions about parts I cannot look at.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I suspect that I got an old set as the box says it is for a 97 to 01 vette. The rear lines are short (when the suspension is unloaded) to the extent they worry me. I have a call in to VB&P to see what they can do.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Please post your results. Does anyone know for sure who has longer lines with the -AN connectors? Actually, I'm more worried about getting the longer lines than -AN connectors. I hate the idea of them hanging tight.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts