Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard of this, they say it is a liability issue...I think its BS. I stop in Goodyear this morning to have my tires put on my new rims I got yesterday, (which are awesome and really gives it a distinctive look) and I get we cant swap out you tires because you didn’t buy the tires or rims from here and if anything happened we would be liable, but if I bought either one from them its now problem, they said that’s how everyone is doing it now. I.e. Sears, etc. so after what you’re saying is you can’t guarantee your workmanship and there Goodyear tires and so on, I could see im dealing with some morons and left. I go around to the other side of the parking lot to Sears and walk in...Hey I have a question can you swap out some tires to new rims for me.... sure not a problem at all...I just grinned, sales person looked over the new rims with me to make sure there were no flaws or nicks on the rims before they started, and a hour later they were finished and looked awesome... here’s a few pics for you guys.

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
Goodyear dealers are strange. I have had a few interesting situations with them. The last one was when I went there for an alignment after lowering the car. They told me they couldn't do it because the stock settings for the alignment wouldn't work with the car lowered one inch. So I went to my dealer where they laughed about Good Year and did the alignment.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Those rims look great on a silver car. I thought of having Panther do that to mine but didn't think they would look that good on EB.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
EVIL Z said:
illmac77

I like you wheels. Where did you get them? Can you post a close-up pic of your wheels? :thumb:
these are a pic before i installed them, there a machined face/ with a gloss black on the inside of the spokes, im not sure if i can post a non forum vendor, just pm me

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Those rims are Sweet. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Does the machining compromise the integrity of the cast (if they are '04) wheels?

And go figure - my local GoodYear store is great - they install tyres for me, install brakes, shocks - hell these guys treat me better and I have a better rapport with them than I have EVER had with ANY GM dealer.

Just wish I knew they handled extended warranty work before I took the car to Lone Star.

Great local business that I gladly support.

GoodYear of Copperfield, Houston, Texas

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Find a local tuner import high performance kind of shop. Those guys are normally much more likely to want to make a dollar or two, understand wide wheels and normally have very nice tire machines.

In the last three places I've lived it has taken me just a couple of minutes to find a good shop like this that I feel comfortable taking my wheels/tires to. :cheers:

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
They look awesome :cool:

Jack

·
Registered
60 Posts
Understand that if you are in busines of selling wheels and tires and a guy comes in with thousands of dollars worth of product that has been purchased off the internet/mail order, he may not want to do you a service for a couple of bucks. I try and purchase my tires locally. If no one stocks them or they are WAY off in price I would shop elsewhere. This dealer will not stay in business just installing somenoe elses tires and rims. When these dealers go out, who will you go to for help, "the internet", I don't think so. Support local shops when you can.:yeadog: By the way, they look great!!

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
They just didn't want your business. It happens. I don't think they could have been any more direct, "we won't do it because you didn't buy it from us". Their prerogative.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts